Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My Dominos Job

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 07:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My Dominos Job

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

i could make easily 30+k a year.
Gratz on the hard work and proving yourself... like others said - it will help you in getting through life with some "street smarts"

BUT...

(here it comes)

What do you aspire to be/do/accomplish in your life? Seriously - you are old enough where you should have an idea what you want to do. I didn't start college until I was 21, and it was because prior to that - my life was (wrongly) focused on a girl for 3 years. Our relationship ending was the worst thing that ever happened to me... and it was the best. It forced me back to reality and I had to do some really serious thinking about myself and my life and what I wanted out of it for me.

I used to sling pizza for your competitor - did it on and off for 3 years during and right after high school. I used to think that once I made store manager or assistant manager - then I would be in the big leagues and I would be set up for life. Nothing could have been further from the truth. I finally went to school after working at a Kawasaki dealer as a parts manager in between... also thought then that I had it made in the shade.

Go to school. I can't say it enough. Go to school, make a lot of great friends, have lots of fun, get laid and party your *** off - but also focus and study hard. Your junior and senior years - depending on what field it is you decide to follow (there's a lot of cool stuff out there - what interests do you have? What would you like to do?) - you could intern for anywhere from 15 to 30$ an hour, and unless you have really painted yourself into a corner in school... you will easily double that massive $30k/yr you mentioned above in your first year out of school. That will be just the tip of the iceberg.

That's my $.07 - I will quit preaching... but I have been where you are. That's all I am gonna say.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I could only hope to make 30k coming out of school. But there are career fields where that wont be a problem. I started college 2 years after high school, never would have made it this far if I went right after. But yeah a job is a job, a career is a career, and people who cant tell the differencethink they hit it big when they move up to a double wide.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:23 AM

I know how all of that goes...I left my old job before I left for school making $9.00, and then my counterpart got moved up to $12.00. By my counterpart, I mean the guy that got trained with me, the guy that did everything the same as I did, we were the dream team of our line. Well, I was mad at that, and then I started BWW, making $7.75, it was a pretty big blow to feel that useless. I just worked my a$$ off and I made WCT after being there two months, beating out several guys that have been there for several years. I was the most hated guy in our kitchen at work, but I was also the fastest. Now I am up to $9.50, having worked there since August, and I am guaranteed a raise to $10.00 when we go to full service. I will be the 3rd highest paid cook, 8th highest paid in the restaurant, managers included. Also, anyone who says there isn't much future in a pizza place has obviously not worked their way up in a company. Let's say he becomes a manager, then GM, then he has the opportunity to buy the place from the owner, or better yet, open his own franchised store...then it could go to two stores and so on...not a whole lot of a future...? Come on, think about it, there are very few dead end jobs, just people that don't want to/ don't know how to move up in their careers. If you think you have a dead end job, then quit, and find a new damn career!

Old 03-05-2007, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member

i do want to go back to school im waiting right now to establish residency cuz i really dont want to pay 200 bucks for a damn credit hour. when its 35 bucks at the community college here. i ultimly want to be a lawyer, but i hate school. so ill prolly settle for a paralegal. ill be the lawyers bitch. And my old boss down in florida hes just a GM he rakes in about 65k a year. and his wife doesnt work

Old 03-05-2007, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Prom
people who cant tell the differencethink they hit it big when they move up to a double wide.
Now I don't care who ya are... that's funny stuff right thar!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:15 AM

MSR- HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok-I know what he's talking about. I'm impressed that you take pride in what you do. I've been around and have seen many who don't take pride in their work/lives and never fully appreciate the value of their work.

Oh, and I hope someone burns your old boss' store down after hours....

Old 03-07-2007, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY my DM just told me today that in a couple of weeks ill be the AM there so i did prove mysel. I just have to sit down with the owner and the vice president of the franchise

Old 03-08-2007, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear FN!

Theres times I wish I could get hired in Full-Time at work. I get my 40+Hrs a week, but through a Contract house. It sucks. The guys that I work with, do more work than, and do a better job at my tasks (not bragging), make more than double what I do. Everyone has already said, "It would be dumb to not hire you. You have more expertice in more areas than anyone in our Testing Department." Who knows... I know my boss and all his counter parts are trying to get me in, but when you work for the largest automotive parts supplier in the world, they (corparation in genral) could give a darn less whos who as long as the work is getting done! Even if they are loosing all kinds of money...

Sorry about that rant!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

gratz

Old 03-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Congrats FN!! That's awesome! You came, you saw, you conquered. Pretty soon you'll be running the place, and maybe your old boss in FL will ask to use you as a reference for him someday and you can return the favor. [sm=badbadbad.gif] It pays to not be a ***** to people because you never know which one might be your boss someday.

Quick Reply: My Dominos Job