Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My Crappy Luck the past few weeks .. and no Im not dead. LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default My Crappy Luck the past few weeks .. and no Im not dead. LOL!

It all begins with my Grandmother who is in and out of Baton Rogue, LA with her cancer treatments. I spend my free time driving from Mobile to Baton Rogue to spend time with my grandmother. These treatments are so sever that they bring her to near death, but somehow the doctors manage to keep her alive. How? I do not know.

I get into a wreck a week ago and my mustang gets totaled. It wasnt even from the initial accident that my car was even totaled from. My vehicle was totaled when the tow truck driver, while driving down the street, dropped my car about 4 feet in the air. The car proceeded to race towards the curb where a City employee was performing his job, he had to elude the car to avoid being hit. The car subsequently hit hte curb, mowed down trees, and stopped in the woods.

So here I am late for work and my car is sitting in the woods. I endured a near week long legal battle between Progressive and the Mobile Towing and my Laywer. I got tired of fighting and settled. If I didn't have the necessity of having to have a car tosee my grandmother I probably would have held out but I needed to be able to go see her again.

Good thing is that I got me a new car. Not new as in new but new to me. I still prefer the 1999-2004 mustang body style so I bought me a white 2003 mustang GT with tan leather interior.

Engine mods coming in the near future?? YOU BETCHA!

Going to start with Borla Exhaust
Proceed to the engine where I will hand it over to my boys from there!

May even get back into drag/street racing .. who knows.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome back, we were just talking about you. I beleive the concensus was that you had a new BF who kept you away from us because he was jealous of how incredibly awesome we are, but turns out we were wrong.

Sorry about your grandmother, and sorry about the car. Insurance is a great thing when it goes smoothly, unfortunatly it rarely goes smooth but at least your not out on your ***. Hope the Chemo works out, its tough enough just seeing it, couldnt imagine going through it. Dont be a stranger, we'll be here for ya.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

sux to hear it chik. the tow co. had the nerve to try and fight it? idiots!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah it has been pretty quiet and subdued around here lately. Seriously, sorry about what's been coming your way lately. Hang in there and remember that you can always lean on us here on the forums. As far as the new car goes......well...

Name:  this_thread_is_worthless_without-1.gif
Views: 68
Size:  11.7 KB

Name:  party-1.gif
Views: 65
Size:  6.3 KB

Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I fought it for a little bit but I got tired. Im working two jobs now, full time returning college student, and doing the thing with granny. So I took the settlement and bought me another ride.

Here are pictures from my pony when she got wrecked. The first picture of the dented fender and wheel is my damage. The subsequent pictures are those the tow company did in addition to severely damaging my paint job to include scratches, dents, chipped paint, and additional body damage.

Attached Thumbnails My Crappy Luck the past few weeks .. and no Im not dead. LOL!-imag0181.jpg   My Crappy Luck the past few weeks .. and no Im not dead. LOL!-imag0186.jpg   My Crappy Luck the past few weeks .. and no Im not dead. LOL!-imag0225.jpg   My Crappy Luck the past few weeks .. and no Im not dead. LOL!-imag0187.jpg  
Old 03-12-2010, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear about your grandama

did you at least get enough to cover the new car and keep a few bucks?
is a new bike in the works now?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Shhhh no ... pony i bought was 9,100 ... although it was a 2003 it only had 60k mi on it, new paint job, new tires, and well maintained engine, interior, and drivetrain. Instead, I took the settlement amount to eliminate all my other debt excluding my car note.

I am working on getting another bike. I am going to take the rest of this year to pay this car off and by next summer I will have a busa in my possession!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

what? A rolling couch? A busa?

Sorry to hear about granny and wish her the best.

Good to see ya back

Old 03-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Glad you're OK, Chik! I remember having a protracted battle with Progressive when my wife's Explorer went upside down, about 10 years ago. I DO NOT like Progressive, and don't recommend them. They low-ball you and extort "storage fees" on your vehicle until you settle. Glad to hear you got another ride, though.
And, I also pass along my best wishes for your grandma.
Be careful out there, OK?

Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member

chikbusarydr doesnt have the same ring

Quick Reply: My Crappy Luck the past few weeks .. and no Im not dead. LOL!