Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My bike has been stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default My bike has been stolen!

Didnt know where to post this so move it if needed...

Well yesterday i got the bike back from paint, took it for a nice ride cause i love the smell of fresh paint, and i park it in the garage, all nice and pretty looking. Put my bike cover on it, i acually have 2 covers for it and i put both covers on it cause i dont want anything happening to this paint.

Well i go out to the garage this morning. Its wide open. THE BIKE IS GONE. I left the key in the ignition overnight because i was going to go for a ride this morning. Well its gone. I called the cops, a report has been made, and a look out for a freshly painted 06 SILVER ZZR is in the search.

I am like freaking out right now, i just got the bike back yesterday. And now its gone. If i dont get it back, might not get another one soon.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about it. I'd bet a paycheck it was someone from the shop that did the work, or one of their friends/associates. This is actually somewhat common, as they have access to enough of your personal information to make it easy. It probably already has a fresh coat of paint by now though.

So long as you have gap or theft insurance on your bike, there is no reason you can't get another... also should be able to claim it on homeowners insurance.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member

if it was in the garage then hands down it was someone from the shop or a friend fromthe shop, or a neighbor or friend of a neighbor.

those are the options of people who have the information necessary and knew about the bike.

but seriously, why would you ever leave the key in the bike? it takes less than a second to insert key and twist.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Didnt really think about it much, it was in a locked garage so idk, just didnt think about pulling the key out.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:41 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on the key,, My key stays 100 yards away from where my bike is.. thats a bad idea,, Sorry to here bro.. I hope the insurance takes care of you.. I really ****ing hate thieves grrrr they **** me off... keep us informed !

Old 06-11-2009, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

That sucks buddy! If you find out who done it, I will kick their ***! Hope the insurance takes care of you man!

Old 06-11-2009, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear that. It sucks for sure. Back when I was in college I got my GPz750 stolen. Its a bad feeling and I did'nt trust anyone for a while.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by srobak
Sorry to hear about it. I'd bet a paycheck it was someone from the shop that did the work, or one of their friends/associates. This is actually somewhat common, as they have access to enough of your personal information to make it easy. It probably already has a fresh coat of paint by now though.

So long as you have gap or theft insurance on your bike, there is no reason you can't get another... also should be able to claim it on homeowners insurance.

Thats weird Sro, that was my first thought and I've never been associated with the law. That sucks. I hope he step off the bike to go into the store and a bus hits the loser. I hate very little in this world. But people that steal other people's stuff, really chaps my hide.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I leave my keys in both bikes 100% of the time. My address is......ok now I see the light.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Well now, if I ever need to steal a bike in Washington State, I know where to go!

Quick Reply: My bike has been stolen!