Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

The motorcyclist's walk of shame.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 08:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Default The motorcyclist's walk of shame.

I did the walk of shame today, The KZ750 ran out of gas while I was waiting at the stop light in the left turn lane.[:@] Being my luck, I had to get off and push the bike in a U-turn, and walk it a block in traffic to the closest side street. I was so embarrassed! There wasn't even a sidewalk I could use to get out of traffic. On the plus side, I was only five blocks away from my place, and some guy that saw me pushing the bike offered me a ride. Strange thing was I swear I knew this guy too, but I didn't know how I knew him, he just looked really familiar.

So much for the low fuel light working on my bike! I was even wondering today before I ran out of gas whether or not it worked. I guess I found out! (the hard way)

Old 08-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The motorcyclist's walk of shame.

i bet you would of felt like a bigger ja if you didnt use the reserve

i kinda had a dooh moment like that when i switched tanks. i didnt put but mabey enough gas to make it 3 blocks, fired her up, went 2 blocks, did a quick break check at the stop sign, the let the clutch out and blaaah. jumped off, pushed it across the street, let the gas fumes settle, fired it up and rolled it to the gas station. had a bunch of kids give me the wheeley hands but i was kinda sunk. i could barley make the turn without stalling it out. good times. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 08-20-2006, 09:01 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: evil636

That would suck lol

Old 08-20-2006, 09:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Actually....... I had left the petcock on reserve from the last time I filled up.[:'(] I feel pretty stupid for doing so.

Only since last week though have I been able to really ride my 750. I didn't really know how fast it would burn through fuel. I'm used to the ninja going about 200+ miles before hitting reserve. The 750 went empty in less than 150 miles.[:@]

Old 08-20-2006, 09:06 AM
1st Gear Member

damn gas guzzlers! [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 08-20-2006, 09:16 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: evil636

i kinda had a dooh moment like that when i switched tanks. i didnt put but mabey enough gas to make it 3 blocks, fired her up, went 2 blocks, did a quick break check at the stop sign, the let the clutch out and blaaah. jumped off, pushed it across the street, let the gas fumes settle, fired it up and rolled it to the gas station. had a bunch of kids give me the wheeley hands but i was kinda sunk. i could barley make the turn without stalling it out. good times. [sm=icon_rock.gif]
That kind of reminds me when I did the valve adjustment on the Ninja. When I took off the tank, I turned the valve off. After putting it all back together again, guess what? I went for a test ride, somehow this 250 was able to make it about three or four blocks before it starved itself of gas. It was amazing it could run that long without getting more gas to the carbs. I guess it makes sense being the bike can get over 70mpg!

Old 08-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

I can sync my carbs with just the bowls and no tank hooked up, I bet the bike would go at least 1/2 mile or 1 mile with the bowls only.

Sorry to hear about your walk but I think most of us have been there before. Just think how much it would have sucked if you had been in your cage, not so easy to push her.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:29 AM

The King's electrical system on his KZ crapped the bed last week while he was riding it [:@]

Old 08-21-2006, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Who is the "king"?

Old 08-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

Who is the "king"?
her hubby!

Quick Reply: The motorcyclist's walk of shame.