Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

The Mist

Old 12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The Mist

hahha always the smartass this one

And yes - it was a VERY rough night in bed muhahaha

Old 12-06-2007, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

haha that sssounds bad sro haha im glad ya got it though didnt want you to take it the wrong way

Old 12-06-2007, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

But the movie still blew.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Sro, I am starting to think your recently negative attitude has something to do with parking the bike for the season, am I right? If so then get a DS bike, its better than Prozac[8D] Just messing with ya man.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

No offence Will, but I never listen to a teenager's movie review, nothing personal, I just always seem to have the exact opposite experiance. Like when my roomate told me AVP was the best movie he had ever seen.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

The Mist reviews from www.rottentomatoes.com

One review of 111:

I’m scared of a lot of things. Cancer, al Qaeda, chemical-plant eruptions, careening wrong-way delivery boys on cast-iron Chinese bicycles, teenagers. Land octopi aren’t in my top 1000.

“The Mist,” a pretentious monster movie with about 15 minutes of alarming creatures and a whole lot of bickering.

Thomas Jane heads an A-Z of C-listers who are in a Maine grocery store when the eponymous clammy front sweeps in. A codger dashes bleeding from the vapor hollering, “Something in the mist took John Lee!” Love that clapboard-churches-and-long winters name.

Though director Frank Darabont is falling farther and farther short of the standard he set in the classic “The Shawshank Redemption,” the first act cooks up some of the gray dread of Spielberg’s “War of the Worlds.” At the outset Darabont uses no musical score and effectively deploys the quasi-documentary style (handheld cameras, zoom lenses, iffy focus) that now features in practically every movie and TV show except “High School Musical.”

It’s when the monsters appear that you stop holding your breath to let out the laughter. C’mon, giant blubbery tentacles as sticky as the floor of a peep show? Locusts the size of Dakota Fanning? A pterodactyl in Aisle Four? This is Saturday afternoon on Channel 11, not material for directors of Oscar-nominated films.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:25 AM
1st Gear Member

let me add this. if anyone says that hostel is a great movie needs to be kicked in the nuts or if they dont have nuts well they need their vagina hole sowed up so they cant reproduce.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

let me add this. if anyone says that hostel is a great movie needs to be kicked in the nuts or if they dont have nuts well they need their vagina hole sowed up so they cant reproduce.
i'll agree to that, my wife rented that, and i turned it off about half way, it is really a sick movie, i dont know who would get their kicks out of watching that stuff, i can still watch an old school horror, something like 1408 but these torture movies are not my thing

Old 12-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

My wife and I saw the Mist this evening and, well, it was a lot like the short story I read so many years ago, but it was not very well done and the ending is certainly different. And you're right, Sro, that ending was way wrong. That was not the ending from the book. I would consider this less of a "monster" movie and more of a movie about the worst of human nature. But then again, that seems to be what SK does best and why he's so popular.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:59 AM
1st Gear Member

You should see SK's house with his wrought iron fences and gargoyles perched above.My grandmother lives in Bangor and his house is only about 15 minutes from hers.The other cool house we have here in maineis George Bush's compound in kennebunkport,I imagine waking up next to Barbra has got to be scarier than the mist

Search this Thread