Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Maybe going to MMI

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Maybe going to MMI

wel just got the word from mmi that i got accepted into the kawasaki program but here is my delema i am merried with 2 kids and would have to uproot the family for 48 weeks of school to either florida or arizona they said that they can brovide housing and even a job while im in school what do you guys think go for it or just accept that its a little out of reach to move the whole family not quite shure what the income would be after school but they do have a very high placement rate

Old 06-18-2009, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Nothing is ever out of reach!

You don't become a mechanic for the love of money....Around here, avrage pay is only about $18 bucks an hour. I love workin on my bikes and cars, but I hated when I did it for a living. lol....Anyway, if your family supports ya, and your dream is workin on bikes, DO IT!!

only live once man.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:26 AM
1st Gear Member

if its something you want to do and you have the support of your family - go for it!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

talked to the wife and she is on the fence about having to move but she does want me to do "what is in my blood" as she puts it so im leaning twards going but dont want to push her into making a decision that may cause problems later as many of you may know with woman they say yes to shut you up but mean no and you pay later but please if any one has attended this school let me know was it worth it ect.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

a buddie of mine did it. he learned alot.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Road Kill
as many of you may know with woman they say yes to shut you up but mean no and you pay later
Uhhhh yea. Welcome to the real world. Right up there with "what's wrong honey?" Then you get "you should know what's wrong."

But seriously its great to see a guy that actually talks to his family. I was taught to include all family members in big decisions. Yes its ultimately up to you to make the final decision, but getting input from everyone involved is a wise choice. Good luck man.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats with the family communication. I talked with a kid working at some fast food restraunt. He went to MMI and nothing in this area was paying more than $12/hr. So I do not know. Good luck

Old 06-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

yeah there is'nt always jobs ready when ur done in school. my buddie made water pipes till he found a job

Old 06-19-2009, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

well after talking to the rep again today and finding out that tuition is $18000 and no i didnt add too many zeros i think im kind of changing my mind especialy since i have to relocate also

Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

wow! That is alot of zero's. You are a smart guy and can figure things out. Keep on tinkering on the side.

Quick Reply: Maybe going to MMI