Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

A look at what's under my hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: A look at what's under my hood

thats right bigrig... if you bend a paperclip in a U and put it in the plug connection it will blink the codes... forgot about that... i dont think it works on newer cars though....

Old 08-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

No it doesn't.. OBD I and Early model OBDII it would work. But since about 1997 you can't do it that way anymore.

I Bet if she pours some Jd down the tbi, that baby would run like a brand new. Then when you get pulled over BB, tell the cop it's the car and not you!!! lol

Old 08-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i had an '88 beretta that did some funny things,, it ended up being the crankshaft sensor, and the mass air flow no smoke out of it either...

tranny look like motor oil? smell real bad too? i could only imagine what the rear differential fluid looks like then...

Old 08-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ever use seafoam on a car?

Old 08-29-2006, 05:56 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebird
and for the record - I did show that other pic.........
i didn't see it.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: walight01

i didn't see it.
HA! im not the only one!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

No it doesn't.. OBD I and Early model OBDII it would work. But since about 1997 you can't do it that way anymore.

I Bet if she pours some Jd down the tbi, that baby would run like a brand new. Then when you get pulled over BB, tell the cop it's the car and not you!!! lol
Now don't get me wrong BR, I love my car.......but I'm not sharing my JD with her!!!!!!

A buddy of mine has a code reader, that'll work for my car - but I know about the 'special tool'. Its quite amazing what you can do with paper clips.....many, many good uses - but that's a whole different story!!

And yeah it looked like motor oil - oops....... but don't worry about the rear diff fluid - that was changed cause I had to have some seals replaced.

Funny that you mention a Beretta - thats what my other car is! Only its a 1994 and its got a whole lot more km's on it!! Thats actually why I had to get the Firebird out (I wasn't going to run her until I got some bodywork and paint done).

Old 08-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

ORIGINAL: walight01

i didn't see it.
HA! im not the only one!!!!!!!!!
I guess its one of those "you snooze, you lose" things!!!! Ah you never know, it just might show back up.............

Old 08-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Funny that you mention a Beretta - thats what my other car is! Only its a 1994 and its got a whole lot more km's on it!! Thats actually why I had to get the Firebird out (I wasn't going to run her until I got some bodywork and paint done).
i love my beretta! i could smoke the tires !! it was sweet.... got rid of her for a blazer.... beretta's sheet metal is double galvanized, thats why they usually dont rust out....

Old 08-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

i love my beretta! i could smoke the tires !! it was sweet.... got rid of her for a blazer.... beretta's sheet metal is double galvanized, thats why they usually dont rust out....
Must be just the US models that came like that!!! There aren't many around here, and the majority of them look like crap. I had mine painted last year - so it doesn't look too bad. I really like it though!!

Quick Reply: A look at what's under my hood