Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Look out for the"Good Times Protection "

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Default RE: Look out for the"Good Times Protection "

Sorry (Implied Warenty)
[edit] Fitness for a particular purpose
An implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, sometimes referred to simply as a warranty of fitness, is a warranty implied by law that if a seller knows or has reason to know of a particular purpose for which some item is being purchased by the buyer, the seller is guaranteeing that the item is fit for that particular purpose. This differs from a warranty of merchantability in two ways:
[ul][*]First, the warranty of fitness applies to all sellers, not just professional merchants; and[*]Second, the warranty of fitness requires the seller to know or have reason to know of a specific purpose to which the property sold is going to be put. [/ul]
The implied warranty of fitness is described in US law by Article 2, Section 315 of the Uniform Commercial Code.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

damm pitt thats good..

Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Wow. I've never owned a new bike or car. I always buy the ones "in a box." (or..."boxes.")
I like the hands-on experience of knowing the nuts and bolts are where they oughtta be, and how to fix them when they break. Riding a new bike would scare the crap out of me.
Sorry to hear about the negative experience.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrick

I like mine...plenty of stuff out there to make it faster. It was the perfect solution for me at the time of purchase because it was the same bike everyone had for sale used at the time...but new.
yeah essentially the same (except the front fairing) as my 95 zx6r

Old 10-10-2007, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Is it? I knew it is the same as 99-01

Old 10-10-2007, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Will

I have an 05 Brute Force 750 that I purchased the Kawasaki Good Times Protection Plan when I bought it.I have a problem with the 4 wheel drive not working and when the dealer finds out the problem he says that the warranty doesnt coverwater intrusion.The last time I saw my ATV I thought it said"Off Road Use Only".I guess only where I live there are puddles and streams off road.I called Kawasaki to cancel the warranty that I paid like $850 for thats worthless and was told it can only be cancelled within 60 days of purchase.I just wanted to let everyone know that when the dealer tries to sell you the extended warranty,its not worth the paper its printed on.When I get it back,its up for sale as well as my wifes and all 4 kids bikes.NO MORE KAWASAKI FOR ME!!!
that is slightly bashin and since you will no longer be owning a kawasaki your right this isnt the place for you. So please dont come on here randomly and bitch and moan about how you failed to read the warrenty. Do alittle research next time. Untill then I love my good times protection and LET THE TIMES ROLL[sm=burnout.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=nxsmile.gif]

Old 10-10-2007, 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Actually - aside from the engine - the current ZZR is bolt for bolt the same bike as the ZX9....

Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member

the implied warranty thing would work but you would end up paying thousands for lawyers to get your hundreds back. Sorry you had a bad experiance, I will never buy a warranty, salesmen are told to push the warranty cause the company never pays out so its just cash in their hands.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:43 PM

Thanks Hoedogg (Mother is a Lawyer) yes you could spend alot of money depends on how you go about it

Old 10-10-2007, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

best thing to do would bring a bunch of people together with the same problem and get a class action

Quick Reply: Look out for the"Good Times Protection "