Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

July 1st - Happy Canada Day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default July 1st - Happy Canada Day!!!

Hope all my fellow Canadians have a good one!! I know I will

[sm=happy046.gif] Long weekend!!!!! [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 06-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Default RE: July 1st - Happy Canada Day!!!

So what is Canada day anyway? Does it celebrate the creation of Canadia?

Old 06-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

here is the textbook answer - Canada Day is a Canadian national holiday, celebrated on July 1. It marks the anniversary of the unification of Upper and Lower Canada, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia as the Dominion of Canada.

But its also a great excuse to the get the party hat on!!!

Old 06-30-2006, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird
here is the textbook answer - Canada Day is a Canadian national holiday, celebrated on July 1. It marks the anniversary of the unification of Upper and Lower Canada, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia as the Dominion of Canada.

Oooo... Dominion of Canada... Sounds all official. And kinda scary actually... You guys just HAD to have your big national holiday a few days before ours, didn't you!?

Old 06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Gerg

Oooo... Dominion of Canada... Sounds all official. And kinda scary actually... You guys just HAD to have your big national holiday a few days before ours, didn't you!?
YEP, we gotta do it before yours! And of course we needed to have a big scary name, kind of like the little dog with the big dog complex!

Old 06-30-2006, 06:38 PM

YEP, we gotta do it before yours! And of course we needed to have a big scary name, kind of like the little dog with the big dog complex!
I just like to call it Canadia... I think I heard it on some Canadian TV station when I drove up there to buy my kayak, and it's stuck ever since. I might start calling it THE DOMINION OF CANADA now though... Crazy Canadonians with your tuques, maple leaves, and Kraft Dinner... hehe

Old 06-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Alright i learned something new and it's only 8:45 am whoohoo thanx guys LOL

Old 06-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

I just like to call it Canadia... I think I heard it on some Canadian TV station when I drove up there to buy my kayak, and it's stuck ever since. I might start calling it THE DOMINION OF CANADA now though... Crazy Canadonians with your tuques, maple leaves, and Kraft Dinner... hehe
Dam its a good thing I just finished lunch or I'd be wanting to head home and throw my touque on, bbq some maple flavored sausages and whip up a pot of KD!!! I think I'd laugh my a$$ off if I heard someone calling us the Dominion of Canada!

Old 06-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

Alright i learned something new and it's only 8:45 am whoohoo thanx guys LOL
Anytime! Thats what we're here for!