Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

INK DONE FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 AM
Default INK DONE FINALLY!!!

I've finally decided to get another tat with something for my brother. I didn't want it to be military or be a memorial or anything like that. I wanted something that meant something to me and something I would see on a daily basis to remind me of him.

Finally after months and months of making different things, I decided on a saying.

It will say "born into this world as my brother" and "taken from this world as my hero". These will be on my inner arms. The picture below shows it better. The wing will start at my wrist and the saying will go up my right arm over my inner elbow, over my bicep and to my shoulder. The other saying will go back down my left arm starting at the shoulder and end with the wing on my left wrist. When I spread my arms, you will be able to read the entire thing.

Here's a picture, I'll be spending around 4-5 hours in the chair Friday evening. It's going to take so long because of the scratches in the font. Either way, I'm stoked and ready to go now!!!

Name:  NEWTATTS.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  64.0 KB

Name:  tatarm1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  25.2 KB

Old 07-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Getting some new ink done!

pretty cool.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

wow thats wonderful bro.....

Old 07-25-2006, 06:07 AM
1st Gear Member

That's an awesome tribute to your brother. I'm working on one for my mom so I feel ya. Make sure you post pics when it heals up so I can see. Good luck with it!

Old 07-25-2006, 07:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I dont know the story behind your brother, but it sounds like ya love him and yes like DG said it is a great tribute to him as well.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Now that is awesome! You have to post pics once its done (I love tattoos, I've got an addiction to them!!!!)

I really love the idea you came up with, and the location for it! Its gonna hurt but its gonna be 100% worth it.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, they really do mean alot! I had a really hard time coming to a decision on what I wanted, but I'm sold now!

For those of you that don't know, my little brother was killed last July in Iraq, serving with the US Army at the age of 22. He was the gunner aboard a HMMWV that was hit by a car containing an IED. This was his second tour over there and I used to tease him that he was taking my tour for me (I'm US Army as well). Either way, he will be greatly missed and I'm glad to finally be getting this done for him.

Thanks again for the comments guys.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Like the design, bro..... When you get that done, you have to post some pics up...

Old 07-29-2006, 01:58 AM

Okay, well I got my right arm finished. It took longer than expected, so I go back Tuesday for arm #2. Looks pretty good. Still fresh, so a bit rough, but looks good.

Took about 2 1/2 hours not counting the stencil time.

Here's the original rendering again.

Name:  NEWTATTS.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  64.0 KB

Here's a pic of it on the arm.

Name:  tatarm1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  25.2 KB

Old 07-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Dam man..... That came out pretty good. Some nice lines.... A little tender under the arm, huh? lol

Quick Reply: INK DONE FINALLY!!!