Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

injury update

Old 08-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Default injury update

Well lady and gents, my smooth recovery just hit on mother of a speed bump. I went to my doctors appointment on Monday and while i was there got rushed to the er. The doc said that i might have a blood clot forming in my let. well, i did and just like that im admited to the hospital. I must have gotten stuck with 100 needles. All in all they said they caught it early enough, but now i have to stay off it. I also have to give myself a shot in my stomache, twice a day for 2 weeks. I then will have to be on blood thinners for the next 6 months atleast.

My chipper attitude just comited suicide and now you find a bitter guy that is freezing his *** off in 90 degree weather and has no appitite and is weak as shi t.

I just needed to bi tch a little. i look like f'n casper. i have lost 8lbs since the wreck. anyway, thats whats going on with me.

later

Old 08-09-2006, 03:05 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: injury update

at least your still alive to bitch and cry so dont be so bitter. one day we were all in my office laughing it up, next day one of the guys was gone, like that dead from a clot in his leg.

you want to talk about shots in the stomach, try 4 minimum usually 6 to 8 a day for 30 years.

i hope that made you feel somewhat better, keep us posted man. good luck.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to here that gr, look on the bright side though if you did not have a dr appointment today you would have not known about the clot. Dam thing could have taken your leg or even worse.

Hang in there it just takes time and you will be back.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

GR....really sorry to hear about the medical troubles. But they DID catch it in time.....I'd rather take shots than take a Dirt Nap my friend. I'd take care of ya if I knew ya. Then again...maybe not... J/K!!! I would....if I knew ya. N E Way keep us posted. Get Well SOOOON!

Old 08-09-2006, 06:48 AM

nothing worse than some freak injury, clot, etc. to take someone that seems so healthy. *rice of course from his wreck, but other cases* my biggest fear is dying from something that could of been prevented if caught. aka blood clot, cancer, etc. someone my friend knew father fell in some water fishing and apparently he got water in his lungs, he was in a room with air conditioner that apparently wasn't cleaned properly and he died from i forget the exact of it. but that's my biggest fear. uhhhH!GDGS

Old 08-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Good thing they caught it.... That's cool... And you had sense enough to gear up. Better a caught blood clot, than in a wheelchair being a vegatable getting your diaper changed.

Keep her cool bro, it'll come around.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

holy crap bro..... what the hell happened? dude!!!!!!! glad your ok...... holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Ah G, don't worry about it! Cheer up and put that grin back on your face! I'm glad to hear that it was caught before something worse happened.

If you're feeling down, pop on here, we'll cheer you up!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 PM

Holy crap!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about EVERTHING!!!! Haven't been on here in a few and apparently missed o whole hell of alot. Here's some TLC for the boo boos [sm=kissykissy.gif][sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 08-10-2006, 12:23 AM

That sucks about the clot Mike, but you got lucky... I have seen alot of patients in the ICU from a DVT (blood clot in the lower legs) breaking loose and either giving them a stroke, or getting caught in their lungs.. So getting shots sucks, as well as taking medication for 6 months, but it is alot better than what could have happened... Hell I took muscle relaxors for well over 6 months after my wreck just so I could sleep, so I can feel for ya on the daily reminder....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: injury update