Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I'm a lucky lucky girl!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Default I'm a lucky lucky girl!!!!

So, it was my Dad's B'day yesterday so we decided to take him out to dinner. I got there about 20mins early on the bike of course, and decided since the resevoir was right around the corner I'd take a little extra cruise. This is the best road to let it fly on. It's a slight turn for about 1 1/2 miles. So I make the turn and start to let her rip. Of course, as I was getting up to 65, I get stuck behind a stupid truck and have to slow down to the speed limit, which is 35 mind you. So, of course I got to the end and HAD to turn around and do it again !!!!! This road from start to finish, has a great police visibility. I check my future and decide I'm safe so I let it go and was cruising about 90 around this turn and when I got to the end I noticed another bike coming towards me kinda slow. I slowed down to about 40 and wouldn't ya know it the DEC was right behind him [&:]. PHEW..........just missed me!!!!! I would have gotten a 55mph over the speed limit ticket and no license, I have the permit. Just happy I didn't have to bend over and kiss my assets goodbye!!!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Default RE: I'm a lucky lucky girl!!!!

Forgot, when I got back to the restaurant they still weren't there so of course, thank you sir, may I have another? and I did

Old 07-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shon

So, it was my Dad's B'day yesterday so we decided to take him out to dinner. I got there about 20mins early on the bike of course, and decided since the resevoir was right around the corner I'd take a little extra cruise. This is the best road to let it fly on. It's a slight turn for about 1 1/2 miles. So I make the turn and start to let her rip. Of course, as I was getting up to 65, I get stuck behind a stupid truck and have to slow down to the speed limit, which is 35 mind you. So, of course I got to the end and HAD to turn around and do it again !!!!! This road from start to finish, has a great police visibility. I check my future and decide I'm safe so I let it go and was cruising about 90 around this turn and when I got to the end I noticed another bike coming towards me kinda slow. I slowed down to about 40 and wouldn't ya know it the DEC was right behind him [&:]. PHEW..........just missed me!!!!! I would have gotten a 55mph over the speed limit ticket and no license, I have the permit. Just happy I didn't have to bend over and kiss my assets goodbye!!!!!

WHAT!!!!! No License? Whats the hold up? I got my endorsement the summer I graduated from high school.......(1982) Yea I know I'm old. But I let it go a few years ago, thinking I wouldn't get another bike, I've had my new bike for 6 months now and just picked up a bike for the wife last Thursday. Now all I have to do is teach her to ride. YIKES!!!

Notice the sweet new Muzzy Exhaust. With that and the jetting and the 45 tooth on the back this bike really rips it up. And its only a 250. Now if I can only loose 50 lbs [:@]

Name:  100_5365.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  144.0 KB

And one more just to show them together. Later all.

Name:  100_5361.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  162.1 KB

Old 07-14-2006, 07:00 PM

My husband just sold his 490 2 stroke [:@]. We have absolutely nowhere to ride them here! As far as the permit. My bike is really touchy witht the tight circles. The bars are really picky. I'm going to wait and taker the course up here and get my papers then. Sux but, that would be the best way for me to do it.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:17 PM
1st Gear Member

It was my B-day too yesterday! NEway, you remind me of myself when I was riding around without a license(did have a permit though). But I didn't have plates, or a title to the bike I was riding.(at the time)[:'(] That's all behind me now. You really should get your motorcycle endorsement soon. I'm glad I did!

Old 07-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Glad you made it w/o any police problems; some roads are just so tempting.

I hear you on those circles; over here I could not get the R1 to pass it. I even went back and practiced and thought I had it down. Returned for the second try and my toe touched [&o] I ended up taking the MSF.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

I guess you're lucky! Sounds like you had fun though!

Old 07-14-2006, 09:40 PM

wish i had luck like that.

HAPPY LATE B-DAY markmeinteil

Old 07-15-2006, 01:07 AM

Damn girl.... you're lucky... When are you getting your license ?

Old 07-15-2006, 01:52 AM

Gonna take the course in April of next year. I know how to ride but my bike is such a picky biotch with the tight slow turns that I just can't get it down. The king said he had an easier time with his widow maker!

Quick Reply: I'm a lucky lucky girl!!!!