Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I start Chemo on Monday

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Scott, I wish we could all share the negative effects of your treatment. Wishing you all the best, I've been following you on the other site. Tell your wife and family that we all care about you. The more people that you know are thinking about you the better you will do.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:42 PM

I am new here and haven't chatted with you before, but I wish you all the best. Hang in there.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Ride the hell out of your bike in the snow if you need to, just to keep your mind of that cancer. My Sister is just getting over treatments. She's fine. Keep your head up and I'll say a prayer for ya.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member

HI cmott. Im also new to the forums.I just have to say hang in there buddy. I also am a cancer survivor I had what Lance Armstrong had. I went thru kemo and radiation. Im not gonna lie but it is very very hard I had radiation everyday and kemo once a week. So I felt very very sick. But I also kept a postive outlook in life for my family and myself. Though everything made me sick and at the time I kept praying for a thanks what god has done in my life. It made me a better person knowing that theres nothing better than God, health and family. I have two boys 9 and 6. Knowing Im still with them it was all worth it. Im 32 now I would do it all over agian if I had too for my family. So Im saying that we all go thru trials in life but thank God you are here to read something like this huh. Things will get better Im sure,So keep a positive outlook for the your future. Good Luck and Ill keep you and your family in my prayers.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Today was the best Valentine's Day ever!!! We got the results of the PET scan and to quote the oncologist, I am "cancer free"!! I really can't believe it!

I did receive Chemo today and will have to have at least one more chemo treatment, on the 28th. My oncologist is going to meet with a radiologist to decide if it would be beneficial for me to receive one, very direct, radiation treatment. They may decide that another round (2 treatments) of chemo would be better.

Although the details of the remainder of my treatments are not determined yet, I could not be happier. I am so excited that everything I had to endure was worth it! Neither one of us was expecting such great news today!!

Old 02-15-2011, 04:21 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Dude that's awesome!!!!!!! Glad to hear it!

Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

My wife starts chemo next week for CTCL. It's taken three years to diagnose, which apparently is better than average. It's currently incureable, but can be treated and suppressed - perhaps for quite a lot of years with luck.

Good luck to everybody undergoing this sort of treatment.

Rob

Old 02-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

awsome cmott426!!! enjoy life bro!

Rob hang in there man life throws hard punches, bob and weave bob and weave.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:10 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Great news, cmott!

Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Good to hear cmott, congrats

dang Rob, sorry to hear that news. Keep us in the loop

Quick Reply: I start Chemo on Monday