Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I really dislike people sometimes.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I really dislike people sometimes.

Well I know I'm going to sound like some sort of olddude that's complaining about walking up hill both ways in the snow to school, but when I was a kid..(see there I go) in 1980 you could take a 1 ton flat bed loaded with whatever, 3 feet above the cab to the land fill, and the guy would be like, "well that's a pretty big load, I'm going to have to charge you double. And that double would be $1.00 yea ONE DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today since we can't dump in the ground, but apparently its OK to dump in the ocean, that same amount of garbage on that 1 ton flatbed would be $150.00 and that my friends is the single biggest reason some of these low life scumbags dump garbage in the woods. I firmly believe in everyone with an address whetherthey own or rent should pay a fee through the water company, and dumping would be free. That would get rid of the problem right there. And because of the price of gas, the dumping is getting closer and closer to town. [:@] Also I remember when gas was 70 cents a gal. Just thought if I was going to be one of those grouchy old dudes, I might as well get it all out there right? Oh and you know you're old when there were three channels on TV and they all went off the air every night at the same time. and finally for the win, I can still remember only having to dial 4 numbers to get anyone with in the calling area on the phone. So that's my trip back into time.[8D]

Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Well I know I'm going to sound like some sort of olddude that's complaining about walking up hill both ways in the snow to school, but when I was a kid..(see there I go) in 1980 you could take a 1 ton flat bed loaded with whatever, 3 feet above the cab to the land fill, and the guy would be like, "well that's a pretty big load, I'm going to have to charge you double. And that double would be $1.00 yea ONE DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today since we can't dump in the ground, but apparently its OK to dump in the ocean, that same amount of garbage on that 1 ton flatbed would be $150.00 and that my friends is the single biggest reason some of these low life scumbags dump garbage in the woods. I firmly believe in everyone with an address whetherthey own or rent should pay a fee through the water company, and dumping would be free. That would get rid of the problem right there. And because of the price of gas, the dumping is getting closer and closer to town. [:@] Also I remember when gas was 70 cents a gal. Just thought if I was going to be one of those grouchy old dudes, I might as well get it all out there right? Oh and you know you're old when there were three channels on TV and they all went off the air every night at the same time. and finally for the win, I can still remember only having to dial 4 numbers to get anyone with in the calling area on the phone. So that's my trip back into time.[8D]
I found a walker in my attic last night would you like me to mail it to you haha j/k

Old 05-17-2008, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Yikes - Deej shot Tigger!

Old 05-17-2008, 02:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

so deej is shooting blanks?

Old 05-17-2008, 03:16 AM
1st Gear Member

i always look forward to your opinion pictures Deej!! lol gets me rollin everytime.

and u carry a revolver...why? so u don't get raped like in Delieverance???...oh sheeeit thinking of that, that only happened like a few hundred miles from here [sm=headbang.gif]i need a gun

Old 05-23-2008, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

That really sucks. I use to have some rural property in Oklahoma and found a pickup load of garbage, like sacks after sack of yuko garbage. I looked through someof the sacks and started finding loads of junk mail with this guys name and address.
I had a buddy help me and we loaded up all of that garbage and went to this guys house at about 2 AM in the morning and low and behold, the guy had a brand new Camaro convertible sitting underneath a car port with the top still down.
We quietly opened each sack and dumped in his convertible.It was all we could do not to totally crack up while we were doing it. He never dumped on my property again! Poetic justice at it's finest.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...4/P6135269.jpg

Old 06-14-2008, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Fricken site, I can't post anything.[:@]

Old 06-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Speaking of geocaching ... Where TF is it????

Old 06-14-2008, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member

you remind me of my science teacher from highschool
outdoorsie type
geocacher
garbage hater
:P

Quick Reply: I really dislike people sometimes.