Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I just didn't have the heart

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default I just didn't have the heart

So I get a call at home from the wife who is working at the same place I work, she's cooking breakfast at 4 for 15, anyway around 6:30 she calls me and tells me that the mouse traps I put in the kitchen had a live one!!! She says to come up and get rid of it. Well evidently somewhere from her call and me getting up there on the bike, she scooped it up with a dust pan and set it outside. Of course I had to post pictures right? I told her to look away while I was going to stomp it with my boots. Then something happened, he looked at me as if to say "If you let me go I promise not to come back." It looked like only one leg was caught in the trap, and I just didn't have the heart to snuff him out. He was limping pretty bad when I took him to the woods to let him go, but I would like to think he will be fine. I guess I'm not as tough as I look.[8D]

Here I let him go, run little mouse run.....or hobble whatever.[&:]

Look at him, he's trying to hide.....awwwwwwww.....Brutal, It's a wonder I can ever go fishing, clubbing a fish not as good as advertised.

Meanwhile back at the kitchen the wife was getting ready to leave, and so I had to get a picture. She has one of those, "you're going to post this on your motorcycle forum for all your loser friends to see aren't you?" Ok I added that part, but its not far from the truth.[8D][8D][8D]

Old 05-24-2008, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I just didn't have the heart

I have had that happen to me to and I couldn't stomp the mouse either.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, guess this rules out you raising and butchering your food for the table.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:29 PM
1st Gear Member

original:deej

you're going to post this on your motorcycle forum for all your loser friends to see aren't you?" Ok I added that part, but its not far from the truth
oh, so were losers now??

i get it[&o]

Old 05-27-2008, 02:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej, you big softy. That mouse will come back to your house now and he will be too smart to get in the trap. You have made a friend that will last for some time to come.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ide kill that shiot! besides letting loose with brioken leg means it will be easy pray for something bigger!

Old 05-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

It's all part of the circle of life, I just didn't want to be part of the circle.[8D] I want to think that he was ok, and lived to be old and happy.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ya big softy[8D]

Old 05-27-2008, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member

look at the ears on that thing.

its pretty hard for me to take the life of any worm blooded animal. I'll still hunt and fish for food, but the only things i have an easy time killing are insects. especially anything that can sting or bite me. and pretty much any insect that finds its way into my house, but i have been known to help flys and daddy longlegs escape alive.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej,

As I said before, he will come back because he knows he can survive in your house. You might as well make him a handicap parking spot now. You are responsible for him now that you have disabled him!

Quick Reply: I just didn't have the heart