Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

husband with cancer

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Default RE: husband with cancer

here's the picture.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7144/E1BC8E1F6F26429AA4EB903CA711F61D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-14-2007, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

weve seen the picture and were all sorry on behalf of the rest of KF.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

The point is no one here knows you! There are a lot more scams going on everyday which is to bad for the people who really doneed a few extra bucks.

I really doubt you would send me a couple of bucks if I just emailed you a letter.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:18 AM
1st Gear Member

dvmoe> Since I am the one that posted the initial "dis-trust", then I will be the one to offer an apology.

All I ask is that you put yourself in our shoes... you are on a forum for your life's passion or biggest interest - be it underwater basketweaving or whatever - and suddenly a new user comes out of nowhere and in their initial post barely says hello, and makes a request from the rather large and active forum for you to send your money to a complete stranger who you have never exchanged a single word with, and includes an address in that message - regardless the reason why.

I guess my point is that if you had been an active member here, for any real length of time - a fair number of us on here would have given you the shirts off our backs, without question. But when someone makes their first post and says, "hi, I have a problem, please send me money"... well... just give it some thought.

*steps off soapbox*

Old 09-14-2007, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

i have to agree with merdox no one knows you and the numerous amount of scams in this country is increasing. so yes you may be real but do not get mad with us cause we do not send you money. someone earlier in this thread had a brilliant idea about using a bank. you know most people in these circumstances do fund raisers. they work there *** off to raise money for there loved one. which i have donated alot of my personal time and money to. But they do not just simply get on some random forum and say hey can you send me a dollar. how about doing a car wash with your family to raise money. go to a grocery store and tell them what happened and see if they can help you with a fundraiser. go to a school and see if they can help you but try to raise money before asking for money.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

but i can still pray and will do so.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 09-14-2007, 02:54 AM
1st Gear Member

and yet again just one post sayin that one thing it is shady but i am stil not sending money ill pray and let big guns upstairs work it out.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Yep I would have to agree with the above poster. I will say that I or others here were not poking fun,directing any jokes or ill will towards you or your family.
Things here just have a way of turning into something funny, so we ment no disrespect and I am sure that you and yours will be in a number of prayers tonnight.
All all about having fun here, you made need some fun so feel free to join in and you may get a laugh or two out it.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

maybe i could send yall a basket of fruit, but negitive on the money, gallon of sweet tea maybe

Quick Reply: husband with cancer