Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

How to get my jacket clean?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Default How to get my jacket clean?

Last year I purchased a textile jacket from BikeBandit.com. I love my jacket and wear it almost every-time when I am on the bike so needless to say it's covered with dust and pretty dingy. Does anyone know the easiest way to get it clean, like removing the foam pads and throw it in the washer and dryer...
Well, my jacket is 100% nylon and and liner is 100% polyester.

Thanks for the input.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i washed mine by hand, removed all the pads and hosed it off, soaped it up and rinsed the hell out of it then hung it to dry and it came out good. i tossed the liner in the washer and low heat dried it.

what kind of jacket is it ? are there any instructions on it or a care tag that came with it ?

Old 10-26-2009, 04:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by evil636
i washed mine by hand, removed all the pads and hosed it off, soaped it up and rinsed the hell out of it then hung it to dry and it came out good. i tossed the liner in the washer and low heat dried it.

what kind of jacket is it ? are there any instructions on it or a care tag that came with it ?
Thats Always Worked For Me

Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

You could always just ride through an automated car wash..........LOL

Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

It is not a leather shrink to fit jacket worlok! lol

but as mentioned, if all else fails, read the directions

Old 10-27-2009, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

I have a Alpinestar and it says to hand wash it. I just through it in the washer on delicate, pads and all, and have never had a problems. I hand dry them as well.

The only thing is the white on my jacket will not come clean. I have even hand scrubbed it with a stiff brush and Woolite.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Take all of your kevlar out of your jacket and wash it in warm water and mild detergent. DO NOT USE BLEACH or Fabric softner. Let it air dry before putting kevlar back in. The reason why you do not want to get that wet is that it distorts the properties of your kevlar whenever it igets wet.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 PM
1st Gear Member

when i wash my jackets, i usually wash them all at the same time, mesh and textile, i take the pads out like mentioned before and then i put them inside pillow cases (and tie them up) and stick them in the washer, i usually do this with about 3 jackets at a time so far so good.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Soak the jacket in a so,ution of Tide and luke warm water. Let soak for one hour. You must do this while it is raining outside. After the 1 hour soak, put the freaking jacket on, and ride as fast as you can in the rain for one hour. Then when it quits raining, find a four lane road with no cops, and cruise at a minimun of 150 mph for one hour. Your jacket will then be clean and dry. And you got some good ridin in too!

Old 10-27-2009, 10:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I just leave the crap on my jackets. Adds character. Getting caught in the rain is the only time mine gets washed.

Quick Reply: How to get my jacket clean?