Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

High IQ directly linked to depression, anxiety, and etc????

Old 12-17-2008, 12:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by williamr
I can **** through open book exams, but for conventional exams where you have to remember stuff, even through my master's I struggled and that wasn't at all boring. Some of us learn at an early age to work out things - I can remember at around the age of 5 or 6 figuring out how the times tables worked, so I could recite without ever learning them by heart. That's been my learning method ever since, along with remembering which book has the facts I need.

Rob
Same issue here, I have vastly better cognative reasoning and problem solving than memory. All the classes in school that tested based on memorization I struggled with grades while having no issue at all with understanding the class, while the classes that tested based on being able to think through a problem and resolve the answer I excelled at.

English and History were typically my worst classes for this reason. Math and Sciences were the best for me because there were work arounds for the memorization parts, I was never able to memories all the formulas for physics but I knew how to derive all of them from the basic set of formulas.

School stressed me because I always felt the testing method was unfare, it wasn't testing what I learned, only the material that students could cram (speed memorize) before the test.

These days I'm pretty stress free even when others think I should be freaking out. Why? you ask. Faith, faith is one of the most releaving, relaxing things for any human being. Faith that life will carry on, faith that things will work out for the best even if I don't see it, and Faith that God is watching over me. Faith is a shelter from the storm of life.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Man I'll tell ya'll. I bombed the ACT but excelled on everything else. Like the ASVAB, I scored in the upper 95th percentile on everything. I was through with high school in the 1st semester 10th grade. They wouldnt let me graduate yet b/c they had some bs rule about having a certain number of credits although you pass the graduation exam. Ever since I can remember I have been in some type of leadership capacity.

But ya know what? I really enjoy acting like a re re.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too lazy to read that, so what does that make me?

Old 12-17-2008, 05:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too lazy to read that, so what does that make me?

lame

Old 12-17-2008, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej is so intelligent, they have no formula to quantify the enormous capacity of his fixin fabricatin mind. Some things are immeasurable! He just hates to read, that's all!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
Man I'll tell ya'll. I bombed the ACT but excelled on everything else. Like the ASVAB, I scored in the upper 95th percentile on everything. I was through with high school in the 1st semester 10th grade. They wouldnt let me graduate yet b/c they had some bs rule about having a certain number of credits although you pass the graduation exam. Ever since I can remember I have been in some type of leadership capacity.

But ya know what? I really enjoy acting like a re re.
thats what AP classes are for - so you show un to college with credits under your belt already.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
lame
Harsh....

Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kohburn
thats what AP classes are for - so you show un to college with credits under your belt already.
I did that with my basics. I came to college basically a sophmore. Hence the reason why I was able to come out of a 2 yr college with 2 degrees and 1 certificate in 3 years.

I'm to motherfreaking lazy and broke to go for my bachelors. Plus, with what i'm making now, I really dont think another degree is gna make a damn. lol

Old 12-18-2008, 12:08 PM
1st Gear Member

wouldn't classify myself as lazy - because i work my *** off when it comes to hard labor.

but i'm "book lazy", i hate school i hate studying unless i'm doing specific research on data or forumulas needed to solve a specific task at hand.

so no degrees here, but i do make 60k and am looking at a promotion in april.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I think when we get to PWI, our IQ jumps at least 50 points. It's those ***** and beer that does it! At least that's my theory.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: High IQ directly linked to depression, anxiety, and etc????