Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

High gas prices. Cartoons. LOL

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: High gas prices. Cartoons. LOL

But horses are prettier! And they don't spit!

Old 05-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

It's not about the looks... it's about useability.... LLamas can protect you, the LLama wool can keep you warm when you're cold, and you can still ride a LLama!! A llama is not as fast as a horse, but the ride is so much better!! ha ha ha ha!!

Old 05-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

You make a good point, but I've never been one for functionality! I'll have to think about that though, it does get bloody cold here in the winter!

Old 05-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

No joke on the cold... I was about 9 miles from Canada in upstate NY, and flippin cold... solid sheet of ice on the road for 100 miles.. I don't know how you do it... How come you don't move down here!!!???

Old 05-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

No joke on the cold... I was about 9 miles from Canada in upstate NY, and flippin cold... solid sheet of ice on the road for 100 miles.. I don't know how you do it... How come you don't move down here!!!???
Even though its cold, you can still have loads of fun. Studded snow tires make things not so bad. Besides, I'd rather deal with the cold weather over earthquakes, tornados and hurricanes any day. And besides, I like our beer a lot more!

Old 05-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Ya, I never knew canadian beer was stronger!! Is there a Canadian beer that they sell here in the states??

Old 05-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Ya, I never knew canadian beer was stronger!! Is there a Canadian beer that they sell here in the states??
In Maine they sell Labbatt Blue (my personal favorite, but for some reason no one else likes it!), Alpine (pretty good) and Moosehead. I still can't believe they sell it at the grocery store! We can't buy any liquor at the grocery stores here!

But take a look in the imported section, you'll probably find some canadian brands - but I'm not sure if they are the same as what is sold here. You would probably like the Alpine - its made not too far from where I work! Alexander Keith's is another good one too - its made in Nova Scotia.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

sweet.. I'm gonna go look.... I'll be in vancouver here in abuot a month or so.. how far is that from you???

Old 05-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

sweet.. I'm gonna go look.... I'll be in vancouver here in abuot a month or so.. how far is that from you???
Vancouver is the opposite end of the country from where I am! There is a beer there (Kokanee I think) I heard its pretty good, I've never had it though. If you like Miller Light, you'd like the taste of Labbatt Blue (at least it tasted the same to me, but then again my taste buds might have been fried from all the JD I was drinking!!).

Vancouver is awesome, really nice place! If you get a chance I've heard there are some awesome roads for bikes out there!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Ya, but I'll be in the truck.. no riding darn it... maybe I should get one of those pocket rockets!!?? I'll try a beer when I'm up there.. hopefully it doesn't knock me out!! lol

Quick Reply: High gas prices. Cartoons. LOL