Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Helping an old friend in need.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Helping an old friend in need.

It's 12:30am, I decide to go down to the gas station a couple of blocks away, and grab a soda as I often do. As I pull into the gas station entrance, I see two guys trying to push a broken down ford focus up the incline of the parking lot. Being the charitable guy I am, I quickly park my car, run over to the back bumper and help them push it up into the parking spot. I noticed immediately that I knew the guy next to me, It was Eric, my old friend from a job I used to have eight years ago. It was his wife's car that would not start after they finished filling up with gas. Figuring that it was the battery, I told Eric I would run back home and grab my multimeter, and some sockets so I could figure out what was going on. I get back, tested the voltage on the battery which looked fine, (12.5v) but when Eric turned the key to start it, The voltage dropped to about six volts. (it was a bad cell) Jumping the car wouldn't work, so I took off the positive cable end, and put the jumper cable directly on the cable. It started right up! With the jumper still on the cable, I slid it back onto the battery. Luckily, it kept running after I removed the jumper. Eric was very happy! He told me his wife had a baby only a week ago, and because of all the hospital bills, they were going to be very low on cash, and It would have been very hard for them to afford a towing bill.

It's funny how we come across old friends we haven't seen in years, and sometimes in the strangest situations. Thank god for Eric I was feeling thirsty!!!

Old 07-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Helping an old friend in need.

you should of just gave him a reach around. [sm=happybounce.gif]

ths f*&ked up world could use a few more people like you bro.

Old 07-30-2006, 12:45 PM
1st Gear Member

hahaha! thanks. I was just going through a post called myspace. I see that lemac has a myspace profile, and you're his buddy. I'm gonna add you and lemac. so you B*TCHES better add me too!

Old 07-30-2006, 06:37 PM

man what a good friend you are

Old 07-30-2006, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

hahaha! thanks. I was just going through a post called myspace. I see that lemac has a myspace profile, and you're his buddy. I'm gonna add you and lemac. so you B*TCHES better add me too!
For sure bro... I'll keep an eye out for ya. Btw hope everything works out for your buddy.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lemac

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

For sure bro... I'll keep an eye out for ya. Btw hope everything works out for your buddy.
Yeah, It sounds like Eric is gonna be just fine. You just can't help but feel for a new family trying to survive with what little money they have. I'm not married, and I don't have any kids, but I'm sure it can really drain a guys wallet when they're just getting started with a family.

I got your add lemac, thanks. Now, what about evil? where are you buddy? Frogger, are down with the myspace?

Old 07-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ill go on there in a few. im not as into mywaste as when it wasnt as popular. its kinda like this place is my myspace. ill add you though.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Cool. I just want to be a myspace friends *****! You know, the people that have 9,000 friends on their page! Just like S*uts, the more the merrier!

Old 07-31-2006, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: evil636

ill go on there in a few. im not as into mywaste as when it wasnt as popular. its kinda like this place is my myspace. ill add you though.
haha haaa.. I know that place is starting to bug now lol I'll write some1 and get no response. It seems the only ones writing are the one asking you to check out thier webcam talk shiot. F that.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Way to go on helpin' out an old friend...thats very nice of you.
I have a lot of "friends" mostly bands because I want quick access to their songs for my page LMAO

Quick Reply: Helping an old friend in need.