Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Heading to Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Heading to Vegas

You lucky sob! Sounds like a great time. Vegas rocks! A few times a year I get to ride with Broc Hepler at the local track here when he's home. Once we hit a 50ft double side by side and I gave him the look over! I was giddy as a school girl for hours!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

mmm hmm right deej. just say what ur really thinking more pics of cute wife[sm=icon_rock.gif]
ORIGINAL: deej

Awesome man, but I got a question, where is my Monster hat? Hmmmm? Sheesh.Oh and your wife has a nice smile, and great teeth. That's the first thing I notice in anyone.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OMalley912

You lucky sob! Sounds like a great time. Vegas rocks! A few times a year I get to ride with Broc Hepler at the local track here when he's home. Once we hit a 50ft double side by side and I gave him the look over! I was giddy as a school girl for hours!
Dude!!! You ride with Hepler? I'm so envious! I took this photo in the pits:

Ok, I'm also pretty envious that you can do a 50 ft double, but that's another story.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

WARNING WARNING DIALUP ALERT WARNING WARNING

Photo time.

I had never been to an SX before, so this whole event was a real treat. We got there when the gates opened, went and found our seats and checked out some practice. The speed these guys go is so incredibly fast - the cameras on television just don't do it justice.

Then we eased on down into the pit area which is huge with all the huge factory tractor trailers and tents set up where the riders rest and take it easy when they are not practicing and their mechanics work on the bikes. There was a little staging at the far corner of the pit area where the riders queue in to wait to go out to practice. We just happened to walk by there and noticed them, then Davi Millsaps comes strutting up from the pit area and goes right by us, giving some bystander a high five. Cool! There's only a small waist high flimsy fence separating the riders from everyone else.

She bedazzled Reed on her shirt.

Voss:

A few other notables:

We did a lot of walking and went back and forth from the pits to watch practice and back several times. I tried to get some practice and evening race shots, but my little point and shoot didn't seem to be up to the task. Here are a few that I got of practice during the day light. Quality is not so great because these are zoomed and then cropped. And the night time shots during the race did not turn out at all - just too dark for my little lense to gather enough light without blurring the image.

Some boobage. There were so many beautiful girls there ... but I had to be careful taking photos, I think my wife would have back-handed me. [:@]

Erin:

Ashley (miss Arenacross):

Here's one I tried to sneak, but then my wife noticed and hit me [:@]:

My wife took this one, so it's OK :

The fighter jet fly-by after the national anthem:

RC: I had to take this one self portrait style because my wife was in line to see K-Dub at the time and no one else was around. RC was very nice! I couldn't believe I ran into him, and even more so that he didn't seem to mind at all to take a quick photo with me. He was just out in the pits walking around, not even in one of those "autograph session" lines. Of course, as soon as I walked away, everyone else noticed who it was and it only took a few seconds before he was surrounded.

Reardon: my wife never even heard of this guy, but for some reason she said she HAD to get her photo with him.

K-Dub: she knew of Windham, and definitely HAD to get her photo with him. She just said she wished he would have taken those shades off so she could peer into the "endless depths of those dreamy deep blue eyes." Her words, not mine, just in case you're wondering. I think that Reardon guy had a little bit of that going on, too, but what do I know.

Tedesco - a man's man.

Reed was surrounded by pretty girls, lucky guy!

Some more of the bikes. These machines are pretty incredible.

Some of you old timers might recognize some of these:

That was Saturday. On Sunday we walked the strip, took in the sites, caught a hilarious Carrot Top show and just took it easy.

Any<

Old 05-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Awsome stuf!! great pics man!!! you and the goat..... thats awsome!!!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

really awsome pics NB!!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: OMalley912

Dude!!! You ride with Hepler? I'm so envious! I took this photo in the pits:

Ok, I'm also pretty envious that you can do a 50 ft double, but that's another story.

Awesome pics! Yeah, he's one of the coolest guys with no ego and really down to earth. The one local track is right down from his house, www.highvoltagemxpark.com or www.switchbackmx.com He just shows up now and then usually around Steel City, High Point races or when he's home. One time at the HV race he just shows up. The great thing was that the A and B classes where in the same race so to my amazement I was actually on the starting gate with him! I got a decent start and thought I beat beat him out of the first turn, yeah right...wishful thinking...he just waited and blew past everyone, man he's wicked fast!

Here's a funny story. You'll appreciate this NB. Back in 06 my brother drove to here from Atlanta with his new KTM EXC 450 to race a buddy harescramble race with me, which I'm not fond of trees jumping out at me at all, but hey, it's my brother. He was freaking out because Hepler was there pitted a few vehicles down from us! I guess he just wanted to play in the woods! That's his white truck....that's how he rolls! Just a bike and truck like most of us.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5158/AC0B482961784ED9BDE59BBEC8819771.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Very cool, O'Malley!

Woods I can handle, but the big MX jumps and whoops are way out of my league. I'm just a weekend trail rider and have a great time. I did my first hare scramble a few months ago, I didn't finish last and it was a total blast, I'll definitely be doing more. Part of our hare scramble course incorporated an SX track and those big triples are pretty intimidating, especially to someone who has never done one before. I didn't think it would be a good idea to try one on my first attempt, so I just rolled everything that day, live to ride another day. Besides, I still had several more laps to do through the woods, so I just took it easy on the SX section and used that as a place to rehydrate from the camel bak and recover from the arm pump I was getting from the woods and hill climbs.

BTW, the secret to riding through the trees is: DO NOT LOOK AT THEM! Target fixation, you'll run into what you look at. [:@] Peripheral vision is OK, know where they are, but don't make eye contact.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Brain remember the kid on the xr650 over in NJ on the northeast ride? I had a long conversation with him about moto X'ers and trail riders, you would think they are pretty much the same, but to motocrossers trail riding is crazy cause the trees, rocks, and what ever else is in the trail, and the girl i rode with down at hatfield mccoy with dirt bike tv was a moto Xer and she felt the same way, she was actually pretty slow in the woods, and i was fast, when she told me she has been riding for like 3 years i thaught that i was gonna be the slow one.... man she was a tough cookie though, saw her fall 2-3 times coming down this one rocky hill once right on her face, and she got up and got right back on the bike.
she was the cohost for dirt bike tv
Name:  hatfieldmcoy020.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  107.4 KB

Name:  hatfieldmcoy034.jpg
Size:  102.5 KB

anyway... moto Xers are spoiled with nice groomed tracks no rocks and no trees, hell trees are half the fun, omalley you should have came with us over to NJ, there were so many trees so tight you had to stop and thread your bars through them, the one guy said " all ya have to do is do a wheelie right before the trees and turn your bars while in the air, you will get right through them....." yea right, im not that good. i think its funny how the MXers dont like trail riding.... i guess it is a whole different world

from FL
Name:  fun102.jpg
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  fun101.jpg
Size:  75.1 KB

NJ
Name:  NE070.jpg
Size:  123.3 KB

And here is Nobrakes
Name:  NE067.jpg
Size:  137.1 KB

Name:  NE065.jpg
Size:  112.6 KB

Old 05-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah I remember her from the Jersey ride. Dominique or something like that? Patrick and Jimmi were trying to put together a few segments for Dirt Bike TV and they had her in front of the camera talking about the tent on top of Patrick's truck. She looked like she didn't want to be there.

Here's a few of me from my hare scramble race:

Those were either on the SX track or in the more open sections of the course near the track because the photographers don't like walking miles down into the woods where the tight and rough sections are.

Quick Reply: Heading to Vegas