Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

has anyone ever dislocated a knee?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 06:45 AM
1st Gear Member
Default has anyone ever dislocated a knee?

Since I fell last week my knee has been hurting a bit. Well i couldnt get up at the moment, but now I walk and dont really notice anything. But if I stand straight it kinda hurts. Maybe its a miz between hitting it hard and having hurt it in ju-jitsu class years ago. And my ankle hurt too but now it just bruised.

I dunno, but I hope i didnt dislocate it or anything. I mean if I dislocated it would I be able to walk around with minimal pain or what?

Im gonna get an xray but i need to get health insurance first good thing my brother sells health insurance!

Old 05-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: has anyone ever dislocated a knee?

No, I dislocated a knee once.. and I couldn't walk....I was down for about a month!! If it's dislocated you'll know.. I bet it's bruised or inflamed. Epson salt in bathwater or a heat pad to the knee, and take an anti inflammatory..

Old 05-12-2006, 08:52 AM
1st Gear Member

maybe i should jump in my hottub?

Old 05-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

That's what I'm talking about!! Invite 2-3 good looking young ladies over, grab some tequila, and a camera!! lol

Hot tub is nice... set that bad boy on 102 degrees, turn the radio up, and aaaaaahhhhh...

The hot tub should help. Some hot tubs are actually recomended by the National Arthritis Institute, and you can actually get a prescription for a hot tub from the doctor!! No joke there.. I used to sell Hot Tubs... Taking an Ibuprofen should help the cause also.. If after 3-4 weeks it didn't get better, then it's doctor time..... I'm not a doctor, it's just my opinion!! So don't su me if your leg falls off!! lol lol

Old 05-12-2006, 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I actually got a prescription from the dr for a 900$ write off. Hey since you sold tubs woudl know mine; Hot springs Vista 42 jets with a lounger and ozone system. Oh no radio, those things are a rip for 2gs

Old 05-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yup..sure enough!! Sold HotSprings, Caldera, and Coleman...... Hot Springs is the one by The Arthritis Foundation!! The ozone is nice.. worth the money.. do you use Chlorine or Bromine?

Is the vista the one with the single lounge with the Massaging back??

Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 AM
1st Gear Member

whats bromine? I was told since i have the ozone i dont need chemicals. All i use is shock treatment couple tbls

Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 AM
1st Gear Member

oh it has the massaging back patent, its tiiight

Old 05-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yes it is nice!!!

If you shock it, that is actually a very concentrated dose of chlorine... With the Ozone you still need to monitor the ph and acid levels.. If you can keep them monitered, you skin will thank you a lot!!

Bromine works the same way chlorine does.. Some people are allergic to chlorine, so they use bromine.. Personally I don't like the smell or feel of Chlorine...

And yes, you should still use some kind of chemical.. especially if you wear swim trunks or any kind of clothing in there..That was a good selling point for the Ozone... but truth is, the ozone greatly reduces the amount of chemicals you need to use..but you still need something.. I use a bromine floater..runs like $8 ...and it will reduce the times between having to shock it, and you don't get that nasty smell from chlorine...

And at the sales seminars for these things, that's how they want to push the Ozone....but in fine print, etc etc....

If your ph levels etc, are good with just the ozone, I would still get a bromine floater, or chlorine, your cjoice, and set it on the lowest level.. It will make it NICE!!

Old 05-12-2006, 09:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup u definitely sold tubs. Ok so I dont monitor or ever clean it. there is a bunch of sludge in it. The thing is I dont use it much anymore since all my friends just graduated. But I leave it on. So if i go in it now im sure the ph levels are all out of wack. Will it destroy my skin or what? make me itchy? You know what though I do have a ph tester from when i used to grow hydro shhhh. I shoudl go test it, but tell me what level it shoudl be at and what level to not get into it. Ill repost tomorrow the PH if the batteries still work in the tester, you might get a luagh out of it, since it hasnt been maintained the levels are prolly wacked!

The thing is im graduating soon and have to ship that big azz tub, and the worst part is i dont have a place for it cause im selling my condo and moving 7 hrs back home. So if i cant get my aunt or my buddy to store it on their property, then man i dunno im gonna have to take a big hit on it. Im sure my friends dad might pick it up at 5k maybe 6k, when i bought it for 9700!!!!!! The resale is crap since its a luxory item. DO you have any ideas how i should sell it if i cant store it (storing it in a stor-all is too much like $30 a month)

The only other way is maybe just store it till the end of this year and buy a house when i graduate. But man, sux to have to sell it!!!

Quick Reply: has anyone ever dislocated a knee?