Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Harley Riders.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Default Harley Riders.

Ok, I don't mean to affend anyone one here who has a Harley. Or who have friends who ride these bike. But I was on the freeway this morning trying to get to work. Of course I'm splitting lanes. Then I come up to this Harley guy in front of me. So I slow down and stay a good distance behind him. He must of been going about 10 to 15 mph splitting lanes. So I stayed behind him for about 1/2 of a mile. And know he saw me. I saw him look in his mirror and have a sh@t eating grin on his face. He made no attemp to pull to the side to let me pass. In fact he even slowed down some more. At this piont I was like "What the F@ck is this all about." So I had no choice but to move over to the other lane and split that lane until I could pass the guy. Which didn't take long at all. But the point is, is that this guy pretty much thought he owned the road. Most of the time I come up to people who ride bike like our or even cruiser, they have the kindness to either wave you by or pull to the side. Even a few Harley rider do this. But most of them feel that if you want to get past them bad enough your gonna have to go around them. I don't understand that holier then thou mentality. Why can't we all just get along.... [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Old 07-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Default RE: Harley Riders.

I haven't ran into that problem yet, hopefully I never do....but I would say just do what you gotta do to get where you need to go. If you get in this situation again, don't hesitate to on the other side.

Old 07-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

haven't personally had any problems, but I know people that have. I hate it when people think that they are better than others [:@]

Old 07-13-2005, 05:36 PM

OH YES we have that same problem in NY... You either ride a rocket or a Hog.. and They don't like us at all. The best is when they are at a red light and they see you behind them and they pull the throttle...you know that sound....BBBBBRRRRAAAAAAPPPPP BBBBBBRRRRAAAAPPPPP BBBBBBRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPP CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA, sounds like it's going to die right there. Do they think that's a good intimidating sound???? Ummmm NOT!!!! [sm=bangbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=rant.gif]

Old 07-13-2005, 09:13 PM

The one and only weekend I had my bike on the road (until my family member had to touch it) I stopped by Marcuis Dairy, in Danbury CT and it's a pretty good size bike hang out (in the AM usually). Well, this HD guy gave me this up and down look when I parked next to him. (Now, I don't hate on anyone who rides two wheels, I'm mad chill with everyone) Basically looked at me like 'how dare you park next to my harley' sooooo.... I take my helmet off and say 'nice bike' just be to freindly and he just huffed and no comment back... so I was like 'how much did you pay for your HD' said '35,000' I was like 'oh, how many cc' he said '1200' I said 'oh, but this is a v-twin' so to be a smart a$$ I shook my head and said ' damn I have only 600cc, but it's a 4cyce and I spent more then 3 times less then you and can def pass you on the highway' lol... 'hey, but ride safe man, have a good one' and walked away. he he he... I love pissing off "BIG BAD HARLEY GUYS" [sm=bustedsign.gif]

oh, and why do they hate sportbikes. Who makes Buell, which is a sportbike... oh look at that Harely does... [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: littledevil

The one and only weekend I had my bike on the road (until my family member had to touch it) I stopped by Marcuis Dairy, in Danbury CT and it's a pretty good size bike hang out (in the AM usually). Well, this HD guy gave me this up and down look when I parked next to him. (Now, I don't hate on anyone who rides two wheels, I'm mad chill with everyone) Basically looked at me like 'how dare you park next to my harley' sooooo.... I take my helmet off and say 'nice bike' just be to freindly and he just huffed and no comment back... so I was like 'how much did you pay for your HD' said '35,000' I was like 'oh, how many cc' he said '1200' I said 'oh, but this is a v-twin' so to be a smart a$$ I shook my head and said ' damn I have only 600cc, but it's a 4cyce and I spent more then 3 times less then you and can def pass you on the highway' lol... 'hey, but ride safe man, have a good one' and walked away. he he he... I love pissing off "BIG BAD HARLEY GUYS" [sm=bustedsign.gif]

oh, and why do they hate sportbikes. Who makes Buell, which is a sportbike... oh look at that Harely does... [sm=exactly.gif]
They have that only buy American attitude. Which I also subscribe to as long as I am getting what I want. Sorry to say no one makes better performing or better mechanically made bike than the Japanese.
F%ck those people who hate. Also most of those HD chicks look like, well you know.
Next time just pass by and chuckel that pisses them off.

Old 07-13-2005, 09:53 PM

Oh yes Rocket girls seem to still look like um GIRLS.. we were up at Americade and some chick on a Harley had a tattoo that said "Beyond Butch" eeeeeeewwwwww... she scared me...[sm=devilangel.gif]

Old 07-14-2005, 11:07 PM

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]Maybe the Big ol Bad Harley riders are afraid if they make too sudden of a move, like letting you get by, their bike might be seen next broken down on the side of the road. I suspect they can only focus on 1 move at a time.........

Old 07-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: shon

Oh yes Rocket girls seem to still look like um GIRLS.. we were up at Americade and some chick on a Harley had a tattoo that said "Beyond Butch" eeeeeeewwwwww... she scared me...[sm=devilangel.gif]
Way to funny!!!!!!!1 [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 07-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: shon

LMAO [sm=roll.gif]

Quick Reply: Harley Riders.