Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

it happened again

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default it happened again

for some odd reason my bike likes to be on the ground. was going to work, turning onto the road leading to the facility, i might of been doing 20mph, i either hit oil, sand or something, b/c i was following a car, didn't see anything and then the bike lowsided on me. i stood the bike up, she started after a bit, looked around and saw everything was fine...thank god. i figured my leg broke the fall, went to click into first to go my 100 ft to work and NOTHING. anyone got a shift lever laying around? other than that shes alright. my leg has some road rash on it, probably about as bad as my back was, but its on the leg so it really doesn't bother me. THe bike landed on my leg and i'm guess that why its as bad as it is. my glove wore through the first of 3 laywers on my palm and tore the thumb, but my hand is perfect. They were a cheap pair of leather gloves and after 2 spills, its time for new ones. so i got the short icon merc's on the way i've got a hole in m pants leg the size of a football now. people say always wear pants when riding. well i've been down twice at low speeds and jeans really don't do ****. its time to invest in a 2piece leather suit or leather pants. i love my icon jacket and its proven itself once again, twice its been down and only has a little scuff to show. problem for me is when i want to go to the store, i put on the helmet and jacket, but never the riding pants. i usually only wear them when i'm going "riding". I;ve thought about the icon pants, but my burn would of happend in those pants as well, b/c my pants got twisted in the bike(my burn in on the left side of my calf, the whole in the pants is in the right) getting home was fun, trying to shift with a broken lever. but on a good note i did just install a new set of sprockets/chain and the proper headlight. falling is just part of riding, i think i'm starting to get used to it lol.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:56 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: it happened again

You've had some really bad luck lately.[&o] Sorry to hear about it.

However, you know this will somehow have to play into your upcoming PWI signature!

Old 10-06-2006, 02:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Man, Sorry to here about that.. Glad it wasnt that bad and nothing on you was broke.. Hope you get your bike back to normal soon.. Safe riding..

Old 10-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

man that sucks... keep it on the wheels man.... its not bad when i lay mine down cause nothing happens... but a crotch rocket is something else.... glad not much happened....

Old 10-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

glad ur ok bro.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I think you need a witch doctor to bless that thing before every ride. Glad your alright and there wasnt much damage.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:09 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah good to hear your all right

Old 10-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

As said by others, glad you are ok and the ride.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

As said by others, glad you are ok and the ride.
+ 1

Old 10-08-2006, 07:08 AM
1st Gear Member

thanx for the replies. here is how the leg is going. its hurts like a bitch, but still not as bad as when i had rash on my back. as soon as I get my shifter fixed, i'll be riding again. I went back to where i went down. big trucks drive up and down this main road in the industrial park and they push all the crap on the road to the side. well where i turned there is a nice layer of sand and alittle gravel covering the entire length of the intersection. O'well it happens. There are 2 types of riders, those who are going to fall, and those that have, and if you continue to ride after falling, you will fall again.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1307/0BA5175764E54C47BF8C78A31E05C9FC.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: it happened again