Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

got a ticket.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Default got a ticket.....

at least cose to it......."failure to stop at a red light" i hafta go to the courthouse tomorrow or wednesday.....i'm pleading not guilty of course. anybody know how much this kind of ticket costs?

Old 05-01-2006, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: got a ticket.....

I dont know about out there....but 76mph over around here is like $215

oh and im fighting that one

Old 05-01-2006, 07:55 PM

it's a long story but here it goes.......i was driving and look ahead to see the cop and another car stopped in my (left) lane up on the hill. so i look to my right and see a car, and think "I have to get over" and when i passed the car and got over in the lane i went through a red light. so techincally i did, but i'm fighting it and telling that story so i don't get points on my license/lower the ticket. i'm not gonna plead guilty and have the pig totally get me. at least make him go to the trial to earn his ticket. then he said "you just ran a solid red light" meaning it had been red for a while. but i don't believe that since i was the first car in line in the left lane, and the other car was the first car in her lane. so if anything it had just turned red. and about 2-3 minutes after he was bitching at me and told me to look back it just turned green. so all in all, i think i went through a red light that had turned about 5-10 seconds before i got there. hopefully i can fight it enough to not get any points and a real low fine if nothing at all.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:55 PM

also, this would be my first ticket, i've never been pulled over for anything before.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Dont try to fight you'll just make the judge mad.... trust me. If ya ran through the red light you ran through it nothing ya can do, but pay the fine. Not saying you do this, but they heard every excuse in the book... it all boils down to who what why when where and how, and if ya fill in the blanks you will see that there is no reason to fight it...

Old 05-01-2006, 10:49 PM

i just wanna get it lowered and no points. i mean being a 100% clean driver should get me something. and it's not like i ran it trying to be a badass or beat the light, i saw a cop in my lane ahead of me stopped, look to my right and went passed the car and by the time i did that i had went through the light. anyone know how much this kind of ticket would cost? i just checked getting motorcycle insurance and put this ticket it and it didn't change the price. that is for an estimate anyways. help is appreciated

Old 05-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Well I know up here, it doesn't matter if you get a ticket in your car, your motorcycle insurance goes up too.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:56 PM

im sure that's the case here, and perhaps the reason it didn't is because i was getting a quote. i might jeft leave it out of the equation, not many insurance companies go through every persons record, especially since i haven't even gotten the ticket yet.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

You are right there about the insurance... but when they hear about it they wil let ya know or they might wait til your policy is up.... so hurry and add the insurance b4 the ticket goes through. As fare as how much the ticket is going to cost... I'll will venture to say in the ballparck of about 85-150 maybe. good luck

Old 05-01-2006, 11:04 PM

damnnnn, well so much for any type of bike work the next month or two other than oil/air filter change. damn this sucks.

Quick Reply: got a ticket.....