Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Got Pulled Over (Nonfriendly Cop)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Got Pulled Over (Nonfriendly Cop)

So lately i have been driving my friends RX8, the one i showed a few of you guys. Well today i got pulled over.

I was cruising down the highway diong about 74 and i passed him and i downshifted real quick so he knew i was haulin ***, he had someone else pulled over already so i ddint think anything of it, well i pulled off the highway caue it was my exit and i look in my mirror once i get going (car has a stg 4 clutch so you have to give it some gas to get it going out of 1st gear) and i see a red light flashign, and im like dammit, i knew it. He pulled me over.

Cop walks up to my window and he goes you know why i pulled you over, and im like no idea, and he goes kinda got a loud car there dont ya, and im like its below 180DB at 30FT, and he tells me to repeat myself as in like hes suprised i know this and im like it sits below 180DB at 30FT thats michigan state law, and he goes your kinda cocky for a young kid, and he kept puttin his hands on the car, and im like sir could you not touch the car, i just washed it and i dont want to wash it again, and he kept gettin irritated and then he goes but this town has a noise ordinance for loud noises, and im like when you can show me the paper work that says how loud my exhaust can be and how i am violating a law, then show me, but until then you can go after the real problem drivers and leave me alone because honestly this is a bull **** reason to be pulled over when ive never had a problem before. And then he goes where ya headed, and im like home, just ran to the parts store to get some switches, im installing some LEDs and Neons on the car, and he goes you know those are illegal right, and im like not at car shows they aint, and he handed my licence back and i drove away.

I was hopeing to god he wouldnt ask to search the car, becaues i have a full nitrous setup HOOKED UP in the car, that i installed earlier, (my kit, i sold it) and i just went to get the bottle filled. So if he was to search the car and look in the trunk and see a big bottle of happy juice that reads full on the tank, then my *** would be thrown in cuffs and the car would be giong to the impound.

This was an unwanted experince with a dick cop, he was maybe 22 years old at the most, some young state cop driving a dodge charger. I know for a fact i pissed this cop off, but he had no reason to pull me over, the exhaust on that car is legal

Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I see where your comming from,, but dont let just one cop ruin it all for you... theres cocky cops and theres cool cops...and then theres just cops,,, sounds like your officer was the egomatic type... But theres some that will be cool with you and remember never no matter what should you be cocky toward the officer even if you know 100% your right,, take your ticket, smile and tell the officer to have a nice day.. Thats what the court system is for... Ive had bad experience and Ive been pulled over for nothing before well for example,, cop knows im a pot head,, pulles me over and makes me get out of the car.. saying he smelt pot.. actually at the time I had no pot for days and he just wanted to be a dick,, Was it wrong,, Yes he had no reason to pull me over,, His reason was I quote "I know you smoke pot" Me "ok can I go now" him "you mind If I serch your car" Well I do mind cuase im late for work but do what ya gotta do" Cop,, "well looky here a couple seeds in your floor now your gettin one for lieing to an officer" Me "but sir I didnt lie,, you never asked me If I had anything on me.. So I smile he gets pissed gives me a ticket for less than 15 grahms and I take it to the magerstrate and they let it go cause the magerstrate asked the officer and he told the truth about not asking me if I had anything on me and told the magerstrate why he pulled me over,, but he was a noob and most noobs are cocky......

Then one other time cop not a newb pulled me over adn I just smoked a doobie and had pot on me,, cop "jason what are you doin" me "umm driving around " well he took my pot and told me to go home" and he said "jason I know your not a bad kid but i gotta do what I gotta do,, Im just goin to take it and send you on your way cuase Im more concerend about the meth heads and thieves" Me "thank you sir have a good night.. and I went home and nothing else said

but im just rambling on aobut my passed experience but my point is,,, smile be courtious and calm and everything works out like it should,, if your speeding yoru speeding,, Ive deserved alot of my tickets i never argue the fact... my favorite for speeding,,, cop"so once your exuse" me "why I dont have an excuse officer I like to drive fast" Cop,, well hey slow it down im going to drop this so you wont get much points and take it easy,," Me thank you sir have a good day"

Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member

you might want to check those numbers... 180db at 30 feet is louder than an F-16 at full burn at 1 meter. It would also destroy almost anything within those 30 feet, short of a concrete building. I don't know what the number is exactly, but I am willing to bet it is either 80db, or 130db.

I think a simple 'yes sir, but it has not been a problem to date' would have been a bit more passive while getting the point across.

He did have PC to initiate the stop - he observed you traveling at a high rate of speed. Even if it is un-clocked, it is still PC to take a look at you. By what you posted however, he never had PC to conduct a search of the vehicle, so that was never really a risk.

Just my $.02

Old 09-06-2008, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

j-rock couldnt be more right. take it with stride, the more you argue the more you loose. take it with stride and be respectful, get the least you can out of the cop and ditch the rest in court.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree with jrock i have been let go for sooooo many tickets by being polite to the cop. the best one was a warning for 20 over the speed limit. It does pay to be nice.

I just did a quick search and here is what i cam up with
NOISELEVEL
Firecracker 180 db
Gunshot 167 db
Car Stereo 154 db (compition level)
Children's toys 150 db
Sporting events 127 db
Rock Concert 120 db
Health Club 120 db
Motorboats 115 db
Video Arcade 110 db
Snowmobile 99 db
Movie 94 db

Last edited by GS247; 09-06-2008 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Old 09-06-2008, 04:29 AM
1st Gear Member

haha

at about 105db it says "noisy disco" can anyone even remember how loud disco was???

Old 09-06-2008, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kx slaughter king
haha

at about 105db it says "noisy disco" can anyone even remember how loud disco was???
Only Deej *runs, hides*

Old 09-07-2008, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

to fit todays society, it should say "dumbass people rhyming to a half *** beat about drugs, ****** and getting arrested."

whoops!!! i mean rap

Last edited by kx slaughter king; 09-07-2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

naw...

Last edited by kx slaughter king; 09-07-2008 at 06:21 AM. Reason: i felt like it

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over (Nonfriendly Cop)