Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Got my muffler today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Got my muffler today!

And I am extremely pleased. I was worried the titanium wasn't gonna look cool but the online pictures do not do it justice. It looks awesome. I'm excited. OH, but one issue. It has a few tiny nicks on the magnesium end cap... Like it was dropped or hit something during manufacture or when it was being boxed. I don't know what I can do here. I'm going to call the company I ordered it from and hopefully they can get me a new end cap or something. You guys ever have any experiences with this? Are these places okay about this stuff? I mean I bought the thing new. It's not supposed to have any damage on it.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got my muffler today!

What kind of muffler is it? Where did you get it? What kind of bike is it for? If it is a reputable company then they should replace or fix the damages.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member

It's the Two Brothers Titanium M2 for my 99 zx-6r. Got it from www.Exoticsportbike.com. I admit I don't know much about the company.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:59 PM
1st Gear Member

oof, that sucks. have you seen the news reports on ups and fedex? fox put cameras at the loading docks of like 50 fedex/ups stations and put "G" meters in boxes and have them shipped the the news station. the cameras cought the dilevery guys TOSSING packages into steel crates to be rolled to the trucks then DUMPED into the trucks, there were even a few where some guy would be carring an arm full of boxes and kicking one or two mor over to the bay. if it was danaged it was prob. the shipping company, not the manufacturer.

sorry to say but youre gonna have LOADS and LOADS of fun sorting that one out[:@]
good luck.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

The box was completely mint and the muffler itself was packed in styrofoam peanuts and wrapped in foam wrap. There's no way the delivery could've put little nick marks on it unless they unwrapped it, nicked it intentionally then wrapped it back up exactly how it was.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

hahahaaha
i just pitcured some min. wage wana be biker delivery man getting all pissy that someone is living his dream so he decides to beat the hellz out of the dox, then realising youll notice all the boot marksin the box, he pulls it out, drags it around on the groung a bit and then re-wraps it perfectly leaving you clueless to his evil plot.

or maybe someone at the factory dropped it.

hell if i know

Old 01-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

any pics of it?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll get pics up asap. Gotta remember where my camera is.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, they're scheduling a pickup and sending me a new muffler! It was almost *too* easy. Maybe it's all a PLOY! Maybe they WANT me to think it's easy when in reality they're just setting me up for FAILURE! noooooooooooooo THOSE BASTARDS!!

No, but seriously. www.exoticsportbike.com way good customer service so far. I'll keep you all posted on how the process goes from here.

Quick Reply: Got my muffler today!