Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

gas prices..ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: gas prices..ouch!!!

If we only offer 10 buck a barrel of oil with a take it or leave ot attitude most of the refineries will overflow in a week and we'll be back to .99 cent a gallon! just my .02

Old 04-16-2008, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

good luck getting americans to all unanimously stop buying gas for an hour let alone long enough to make that happen

Old 04-16-2008, 06:21 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't know about cars getting heavier with more features. It seems to me like more cars are being made of plastic, trucks too. The whole front end of my past two trucks were held on by clips!!

It wouldn't matter if you stopped buying gas at the pumps for an hour, a day or even a month. You'd be back again after that period and things would be business as usual. Besides, when oil companies have a surplus (if thats even possible these days), they don't have to produce the well they drill. They just leave the juice in the ground. Costs nothing. Also natural disasters cause headaches in prices.

I don't want to sound like a know it all, but I have a good sense on what actually goes on out there. The only way we can make a difference is to actually start consuming less of it on an anual basis. With population growth and the cost of hybrid technology, I don't see it happening for a while personally.

Anyway, what we should be grateful for is the cost of natural gas. Its stupid cheap right now (I know, i have stocks in some gas companies). It should be a certain ratio of what the price per barrel of oil is and its definately not there. Just wait until THAT spikes up as well. Then we'll be pissed off.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:00 PM
1st Gear Member

no doubt

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

good luck getting americans to all unanimously stop buying gas for an hour let alone long enough to make that happen

Old 04-16-2008, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member

no doubt

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well all I know is that in the last three months I have used $300.00 less in fuel by riding the KLX. So stick that where the sun don't shine gas companies.[:@] Now who's with me? [8D] My $300.00 may seem trivial, but you multiply that by even 20 % of the folks that are doing the same and something will have to give. And I know it ain't gonna be my wallet anymore.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

That's the only choice we have deej. Strap a back pack on, jump on the bike for all the errands to run.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member

i think that's what more and more people in this country are planning on doing this summer

Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I can't wait to get another bike and start riding again even if it cost more to ride then drive. Gas today was 3.79 for 87 octane.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member

well with the government one thing that won't help is the big government that both hiliary and obama are going to have with their so called cure to health care among other things...but wait that is not half of it...because of big government guess what!!! more taxes...you think we are broke now...if either of those two get elected we will be in a world of hurt with a 50% tax increase...now where are we going to get money to pay for gas then???

also, i live in vacaville, CA which is right next to like refinery land...benecia etc...still gas prices high!!!

i really think that it would just be easy as lets use our own and not buy from others...but wait we will look like the bad guy because the demand of gas from outside companies is so great i think we will make many global companies go bankrupt...still a good idea though...

Quick Reply: gas prices..ouch!!!