Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Free Gas Gift Card

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Free Gas Gift Card

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

death to all spamers

[IMG]local://upfiles/3348/3D115838DBB242BBB37DD9B4826D7DC8.jpg[/IMG]
Dood thats f*cked up but awesome

Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I think it is time to implement a 2-stage, hand-verified or delayed registration process here. Obviously having to register with a live email address and validating the link isn't cutting it.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

EAT MY *******
fu cking PRICELESS LMAO

Old 04-11-2007, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

EAT MY *******
You where quick to say that bro... bringing broke back mountain back lmao... sorry had to.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: srobak

I think it is time to implement a 2-stage, hand-verified or delayed registration process here. Obviously having to register with a live email address and validating the link isn't cutting it.
Gonna disagree, We get a lot of good new members all the time, and I wouldnt want to discourage the good guys from registering because of a complicated or delayed registration process. I probably wouldn't be here if I had to jump through another hoop. Besides these guys give usa good targetto unload on.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Prom

Gonna disagree, We get a lot of good new members all the time, and I wouldnt want to discourage the good guys from registering because of a complicated or delayed registration process. I probably wouldn't be here if I had to jump through another hoop. Besides these guys give usa good targetto unload on.
+1

Old 04-12-2007, 06:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Yup. You just have to deal with these A-holes as they come and go.[:@]

Old 04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok... if that's what you want.... but....

This is only the tip of the iceberg. The bot/automated programs that do this are only going to become more widespread, and the way they work is very simple...

You create an email account either at gmail or hotmail or somesuch, and enter the address in the bot program. There is then a textfile of THOUSANDS of forum sites registration pages which is regularly updated and you can load into the bot program. Once those two variables are in the program - click "Start".

The program then goes and registers at each of those sites, then moves on to the next one. At the same time - the other half of the program is popping email from the account that was entered, and then following the verification link. Once it does that, another phase then goes to the site and can either post in the first open/public forum section it encounters, or it can post to all of them (another selectable option in the bot program). The programs are fairly elaborate... I have seen a couple of them in action... average time from first contact to do the register until the post is up... 6 seconds.

Not long from now - most every vbulletin site & similar will be completely swamped by these if there is not a better or manual process in place. I am sure we could get a group of regulars on here to manually verify the registrations with enough frequency so there would be very little delay in getting legit new members on the site. Just my $.05

Old 04-12-2007, 10:13 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I saw put a system in place to scan a sample of blood to test the dna to make sure the person is who they say they are. [sm=teetertooter.gif]

Old 04-13-2007, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Not long from now - most every vbulletin site & similar will be completely swamped by these if there is not a better or manual process in place. I am sure we could get a group of regulars on here to manually verify the registrations with enough frequency so there would be very little delay in getting legit new members on the site. Just my $.05
Yeah but the regulars of today are the irregulars of tomorrow, by no fault of their own, our admins, patrick, bluebird, bigrig, notstock, etc. are not nearly as active as they were only a year ago. And IMO, wedont have the right to force anyone to be active to keep the site going.Besides even at best a new member would have to wait a few hours to post on the forum, which would be really annoying if you sign up to help somebody solve an engine problem. If we find this to be too big of a problem I would say the best plan would be to restrict the new guys to the new members forum for a few hours, but even that may be enough to cause someone to lose interest as they are surfing the net. But of course if the problem does grow, then we may need to be more restrictive.