Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Finally some justice!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Finally some justice!!

I agree that most of the greenies suck. However we need checks and balances to prevent extremes on either end of the scale. The big companies would cut every tree in Washington for a few dollars and not care if they left a barren waste land. Were it not for pressure from outside of the industry we would not see reforestation and selective cutting. There are people that will sell there soul for a buck and the hell with the rest of us.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Hoedogg for president.... Hmm I can see a shirt free womans holiday, wet T-Shirt contests at the whitehouse, and tighter rules on cagers.

You got my vote.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej for president and everyone gets a klx250 when they hit 16 curtesey of the government.
would help aleviate some of the fuel issues if everyone road bikes when they didn't need that full size pickup.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:43 AM
1st Gear Member

hahaha

truck = 6mpg

bike = 60mpg

plus the fact that most ppl wouldnt slow down to 20mph on a 35 mph road at every little curve[:@] i could get everywhere faster and at one tenth the cost?!?! deej got my vote

Old 03-12-2008, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Now, now Deej, a little more gin in those gin-and-tonics and you'll be fine.

Since I'm half Sioux and also consider myself an environmentalist, I'll post this quote again:

We Sioux did not think of the great open plains, the beautiful rolling hills, and winding streams with tangled growth as "wild" - only to the white man was nature a wilderness and only to him was the land "infested" with "wild" animals and "savage" people. To us it was tame. Earth was bountiful and we were surrounded with the blessings of the Great Mystery. Not until the hairy man from the East came and with brutal frenzy heaped injustices upon us and the families we loved was it "wild" for us. When the very animals of the forest began fleeing from his approach then it was for us that the "Wild West" began. - Luther Standing Bear

Old 03-12-2008, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Well said KC, we all need a little respect for the environment, but theres no need to kill the people who don't.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Was that quote originally printed on recycled paper?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej i know what your talking about. I grew up in Olympia and lived there till Iwas 18 then I moved to Phoenix. I was back up there a couple months ago and I couldn't stand all the protesters that were down at the harbor. I was close to driving down there and kicking some a** and taking names.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

because they believed a researcher was geneticly engineering trees? OMG the horror! genetic editing of plants that aren't for consumption is done for the sake of making the trees desease resistant, stronger, faster growing. all good things even for the greenies - idiots harming their own cause. and they were even wrong about it.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks KK for that reminder, and Ol Guy you are absolutely right about the checks and ballances. I don't claim to have the answers, only that extremests will never help thier cause that way, it only hurts it. Now the day they try to take away my KLX for any reason, then the Ruger will have to speak for me.

Oh and my full size Dodge 4X4 extra cab long bed diesel get 20 mpg thank you. But after installing the new garage door on Friday and Saturday I was finally happy to be able to ride the bike to work today. There is nothing like getting on the bike, and hitting the button and having the door close behind you. The KLX is happy with its new bat cave.

Quick Reply: Finally some justice!!