Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

A fairly good saturday

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default A fairly good saturday

Today I decided to take a short one hour trip to Omaha. For one, I wanted to check out this new motorcycle apparel & accessory shop downtown. But when I got there, they had already closed.[:'(] Bummer. Oh well. I then went over to Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), since they have an electronics outlet that is much larger than most "big box" retail stores. (much better prices too!) As I finished looking around, and started walking toward the exit, some security officers went running by me, and I could hear what sounded like fire alarms over at the main furniture store. Sure enough, either somebody pulled the fire alarm, or there was an actual fire! Let me remind you NFM is larger than many shopping malls. So, everybody was evacutating the place, (The crowd was getting huge outside) and I could hear a bunch of fire trucks roaring in the distance. I felt that was a good time to leave before I got stuck in a huge parking lot traffic jam. My last stop in Omaha was the Apple store. I checked out the new Nano widescreen, and it was awesome! In pictures, it kind of looks cheap and plasticy, but it felt real solid and well made when I held one. (That will be on my Christmas list if anybody is feeling like giving something nice to me this year!) But of course the real reason I went to the apple store was to check out mac computers. I have had it with Windoze!!![:@] Nothing ever seems to just work properly with them. Not only that, but the constant error messages, virus and spyware threats. The list goes on and on... Apparently, Apple will be releasing either a new macbook, mackbook pro, or both within the next few months. I plan on buying one then. (plus the new OS-X leopard will be out by then.)

I head back to lincoln, stop at Toys-R-Us because I read they are having a good sale on Wii games and accessories. (buy 2, get one free.) I bought the new Metroid prime corruption game, along with super paper mario, and resident evil 4 for the Wii. Yay! On the way home I come to a stop light, and this douche pulls up beside me on his hardley, revving up his loud, obnoxious, and inefficient engine. I was on the 750, so once the light turned, I let him have it! By the time I hit third, he was almost half a block away from me. This happened at two more stop lights before he gave up, and turned off. All and all, it has been a good Saturday. I can't wait to play Metroid in a little while!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: A fairly good saturday

Sounds like a good saturday then. I too am looking at the Apple stuff.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Looking at switching over to mac? Or, just looking at new ipods/iphones etc...

Old 09-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Mac puters.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I haven't touched a mac computer since high school. (about 8 yrs now.)[&:] Back then, I really didn't care much for them. I always felt like they were form over function. But now, it seems like mac has attained both, function, and good form. All the yuppies (lol) I know who own them always swear by them, but now I guess I can sort of understand why mac users love their computers so much. They don't have to constantly deal with Windoze bull****. (I hear Vista users have it even worse now, then XP users.)

Old 09-23-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

I had a Mac, and it was a great computer. That thing was like 8 years old, and performed like new. I never had any problems with it. Well that's not true... The batt gave out after 6 years. It took my girlfriends mother to kill it, she was using it during a lightning storm, and left it plugged in. Not into the surge protector that is there for that, but moved it and plugged it right into the wall... I will buy another one. I had to get a PC for now.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, my beos puter next to me running on a P2 350 kicks my dual P3 1 gig mem puter that has win xp. Pretty depressing. Same with internet useage. Modemon the P2 puter almost equals my cable modem P3.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a good day, Mark! I'll be getting an iPhone when my current Verizon contract is up. I'm already a Mac user.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I heard Mac computers are tops for graphics programs. I'm getting a new Dell machine next week, in fact its a laptop with a docking station, wireless keyboard and mouse, and I'll use my20 inch screen behind it. I used to bash mac just because it was different, but fact be told, I too hate all of the errors, permissions issues, IE garbage, and the fact that Bill Gates is the Devil.

See....I knew it.[8D]

Old 09-23-2007, 05:31 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, deej, more goodies it seems?????

Quick Reply: A fairly good saturday