Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Everyone just please be safe

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:36 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Everyone just please be safe

well i was watchin some baseball and post my thoughts on in this forum then i decided to go for a ride. well i was on a rode here in cincy called the norwood lateral which is kinda a highway that connects the two major interstates here in the nasty nati. anyways i see this car get on the interstate and i just see this car take off then i see the brake lights swiggle indicating to me he was losing control i was about 100 ft behind him well he did lose control and spun out and hit the wall completely totaled his car that he apparenlty bought two days ago. it was a pontiac trans am. well i pulled over to make sure he was ok and it ended up bein him and two of his buddies. they ended up being safe and he didnt take anyone else out. his had allready passed them. bottom line is sometimes we like to get caught up in the thrill of speed this guy was very lucky and so were the rest of us that were behind him but just be mindful yes its fun to go fast but if you do go fast just make sure the area around you is clean and not congested. this happened right before my eyes and its kind of an eye opener. i hate to lecture as i know you guys are smart but its just a reminder especially us on bikes to be extra cautious. happy and safe riding go have fun

Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone just please be safe

we alwasy need a reminder now and again KEEP IT SAFE PPL

Old 08-23-2007, 05:12 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

things can go wrong in the blink of an eye. one thing that i always do is remind my self to keep my ego in check. letting your ego get the better of you on a bike can lead to bad things. glad no one was hurt when the guy lost controll.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:41 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah an ego check is important from time to time. your right if you dont then bad things can happen

Old 08-23-2007, 05:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I grew up in Northern Kentucky and I have driven that rode a lot. Its amazing how quick things can get away from you when just a second prior everything was ok. Its a good thing they were all right and hopefully they learned a good lesson.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:03 AM
1st Gear Member

were do you live now. yeah he told me he was tryin to try something new out but i thought to myself come on the road was so congested you couldnt have waited till the road was straighter and not so crowded. flat out he was just drivin like a jack *** but i hope he learned his lesson

Old 08-23-2007, 06:13 AM
1st Gear Member

I live in Montana now, but I grew up in a small town named Falmouth (about an hour south of Cincy). I also lived in Highland Heights where I went to college at NKU.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:28 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah i have ridden in falmouth some nice back roads back there

Old 08-23-2007, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Merdox

I live in Montana now
Werd? What part?

Old 08-23-2007, 03:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I saw a bike wreck on the lateral in the daytime earlier this summer...note to self...avoid the lateral!

Quick Reply: Everyone just please be safe