Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Deputized.....sort of

Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Deputized.....sort of

Went to a town meeting yesterday with 100 other folks from town to find out how we can take back our town from the wave of break-ins, car prowls, stolen cars, siphoned gas...the list goes on and on. After the meeting I emailed the new chief offering to patrol areas I know where stuff is probably sitting, or being dumped. Areas behind gates that cops can't go...he gave me the ok. Renewing my carry permit. It's on baby!!!!!!! Stinking meth head tweakers, you are going down losers!!! We now have a crimes page on facebook, technology is a great thing. And the best part, only members can see the posts. I need a set of handcuffs! LOL

Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Be smart out there Deej. Those meth-heads don't think right. We had to take back our neighborhood from a meth house. Took some time, but we got it done with some good help from our neighborhood resource officer.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Good for you Deej! If it wasn't for us citizens nothing would get done.

I'm the property manager for our business park and we've had 11 HVAC units stolen over the last 2-months. Due to all the budget cuts we couldn't even get the police to come out and take a report. We were told to go online and do it. Well online wasn't good enough for me, so I contacted our city councilwoman for this area and she got right on it. Within 10 minutes I had the Sac PD captain calling me wanting to send out two detectives. Since then I've been working with them on setting up surveillance and identifying a suspect. They made one arrest on unrelated drug charges but so far that's it.

I wish it was easier to get a concealed gun permit here in California.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Heading out after work today. It's nice to have a direct contact number and email for the new chief. If I see something I can snap a picture, get the GPS coordinances, ride on down the trail and send the info right to where it needs to be. Dispatch is a joke here, when you make a 911 call, it goes to a town 2 hours away and then they just keep interrupting you and it takes too long to get them to dispatch officers.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Are you sure it is the Meth heads? Maybe those Vampires are up to no good again. We have plenty of Wolves you can have.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Cool

Good on ya Deej. Be cautious as we know you will. Don't want another "Zimmerman" type deal, I'm just sayin. Too bad more law abiding citizen's aren't willing to observe and report or for that matter get pro-actively involved to protect property rights. The meek and shrinking may inherit the earth but they will be slaves to those they did not stand up to when they should have.

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein

Old 08-24-2012, 03:40 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

wow, my first thought to all of this is that I am proud to be an American and have the right to bear arms to protect my family when budget cuts or other difficulties prevent others to help my family in a crisis.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Dogs, Deej; watch out for the dogs. Meth-heads train them to kill. Do NOT "go in" without sidearm in hand; safety off.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej I think this is a dangerous undertaking for you. What if you are detaining a meth head and his house is a mess? You will start cleaning and he will either get away or kick your ***