Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Cops Profiling (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/cops-profiling-16364/)

PANGUI 10-12-2007 05:16 AM

Cops Profiling

Ok so i know i should be used to it but this is really starting to piss me off!!!!! Those goat smelling homotesticles are really getting under my skin!!!! I am former military and am for the most part a law abiding citizen but you just can't stop anymore. If you do get ready for the dang ticket to fly your way. So here is how it went tonight I was following a car and we was both doing about 40 in a 35. I see the cop and he swings it our way the car turns off and i keep trucking along watching my rear view homie doesnt follow the car that turns off no he cuts them on and speeds up to catch up with me so I hit it and yes i got away but it is bull everytime they see a bike they pull you or try to at least. i hate the clermont florida police department.

Merdox 10-12-2007 07:41 AM

RE: Cops Profiling

lol, well if you make a habit of running from the cops then they will mark your bike and pull you over for anything they can.

kozumasbullitt 10-12-2007 08:45 AM

cops usually will tag a car before a bike because its hard to get a radar on a smaller object.

rocketrotary 10-12-2007 10:16 AM

You're prior military, you should really be used to it. MPs are even worse!

PittZX636247 10-12-2007 12:28 PM

No kidding Rocket the MPs on a base are real a-holes you can't do anything wrong on a base

Kohburn 10-12-2007 12:32 PM

you ran rather than potentially getting a ticket for 5mph over the limit? hell I dunno about down there but in maryland most courts will toss that out as a waste of their time

sup_uni 10-12-2007 02:32 PM

here in good old wyoming (god that makes me sound like such a hick) the cops let us off of everything, had a friend wheelie right in front of one and he just told us to take it out of town. had a friend get paced at 110 mph in town and the cop just told him to slow down, lol for some reason they love us here.

i was doing rolling burnouts accross the street from the courthouse and once again, cop said "take it outside city limits so we dont have to deal with it"

Carmi990 10-12-2007 02:33 PM

I really hate it when I read that you guys run.... I haven't got a ticket yet but it makes me want to run. Do you guys run even if you have a license plate visible? Don't they just run your plate and put out a warrant?

BlackNinjaZX6R 10-12-2007 02:36 PM

dont run man if you if you do something illegal and get caught you got to pay. seriously runnin for doin 5 over isnt very smart at all. the ticket wouldnt have carried any points or the fine wouldnt be that much. that was just stupid

hoedogg 10-12-2007 03:02 PM

im moving to wyoming[:-][8D]:D

ORIGINAL: sup_uni

here in good old wyoming (god that makes me sound like such a hick) the cops let us off of everything, had a friend wheelie right in front of one and he just told us to take it out of town. had a friend get paced at 110 mph in town and the cop just told him to slow down, lol for some reason they love us here.

i was doing rolling burnouts accross the street from the courthouse and once again, cop said "take it outside city limits so we dont have to deal with it"

PANGUI 10-12-2007 03:45 PM

OK so a few of you guys don't get how bad the cops are in Clermont. It would start with a 5 mile over ticket and then they would put you in the back of a car for a hour to run every check they can on your license and literally pull out the book and go over your bike and ticket everything they could. and if they felt it wasnt street legal then you get your bike impounded. I stopped once and ended up with over a grand in fines a fees. So you guys know the fender elimanator ILLEGAL lights not visible at 100 feet(for your tag) ILLEGAL exhaust to loud basically anything other than stock ILLEGAL got speedracers dual head light kit yeah Illegal it is to bright they said cant ride your high beams they said even thought hey were not on.And the MP's on base are kitty kats compared to these shmucks. So you say stop for five over you must be on some sort of acid. Never EVER again catch me if you can I say. I might have to move to Wyoming just to be at peace from harrassment.OH HERE IS ANOTHER LITTLE STORY. Bike night two weeks ago pull into a gas station were they had another bike pulled over to get gas yeah they ran my license. If the cop wouldnt have been a marine i would have got a few tickets.( hell yes i pull my military ID out)so tell me how ya feel abou the boys in blue now!!!

PANGUI 10-12-2007 03:51 PM

Carmi dont ever ever run if they got your tag or if you think they had a chance to get your tag.in florida they passed a law that they can get your bike at a later time.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and you dont get it back !!!!!!!!!!!

Turbi636 10-12-2007 04:41 PM

i live in NY and cops hate us here... if you give them a chance the run you off the road so you dont dip on them... just the other week highway police tried smashing my friend into another car cuz they wanted to pull him over... he kicked their mirror of and punched it, i run from them all the time its a war out here... most of the time they dont bother chasing but when they do i dont bother waiting... just punch the throtle and peace pig

hicktown 10-12-2007 04:43 PM

gad dam pang, i dont like hearing that. tampa popo's arent to bad but they will stare you down if your near them. you know i dont ride as much beacuse of this nonsense.

jeffzx9 10-12-2007 04:56 PM

Running from the cops is a bad idea. The more riders they see that do dumb stuff, the more they generalize and assume you are one more rider about to do dumb stuff. Give them a reason to be wrong.

zzrick 10-12-2007 10:33 PM

The cops are pretty good here to bikers, I know that most of them ride (they are huge squids...no gear...ever) and they will pull over a car before a bike everytime. Sucks that they are like that where you live pang.

PANGUI 10-13-2007 03:27 PM

I 'm sorry I dont think 5 over is a reason to pull a bike or pulling into a gas station to get gas is a reason for them to harrass you. If i was doing a wheelie in traffic or doing 100 in town or something dumb like that but 5 over are you serious JEFF. Sorry homie and no disrespect but never again will I stop for them unless they have me pinned.

wtoconnor 10-13-2007 04:45 PM

saw an R1 take off from thre 5-0 last night, made me chuckle. but i ve never seen a bike pulled over here other than the stunt riders, i ve never had a problem with our cops.

Prom 10-13-2007 10:02 PM

no comment

Deuce 10-13-2007 10:38 PM

You're a comment

Prom 10-13-2007 10:48 PM

you're mom's a comment[>:]

zzrick 10-13-2007 10:52 PM

Play nice guys...or you are all going to the naughty chair:D

Deuce 10-14-2007 01:34 AM

Kind of my strange "not really an insult" insults. Most people think I'm crazy when I call people random things. It's usually the last word they said and for no reason. I guess a bit of a take from Tommy Boy when they're in the car talking about M & M's. "Your head has a thick candy shell" "Your head has a.. shell on it.."

Okay nevermind. Rack this up as postwhoring.. I guess I need to start sometime, right?

Dragone#19 10-14-2007 01:44 AM

hahaha, good luck on the whoring deuce. I have had to delete a couple of my posts/replies before just because it sounded "off" lets say. No biggey.

bigbrew 10-14-2007 05:29 AM

im in ny too, upstate, got nailed at about 90 the other day, he turned around, i stopped and waited for him,i said to him" i dont run, im not tryin to kill me,you or some innocent person, you have a job to do and i respect that, so i understand if you need to write me"(which is a goodline if i do say so myslef)he told me hewas gonna, i simply stated "i understand" ran my license and registration (which i did not have with me, took me on my word) got out of his car and said "im gonna let you go, thanks for stopping not many do" then went on to tell me how some other guy out ran him and hes lookin for him, i have many friends that are cops and they all tell me 9 times outa 10 if yo u stop and are respectful they will let you go. just my story, but it aint worth gettin hurt for, a couple hundred bucks is a shift of O.T. at least your still around to tell about it, got it at 125 years ago, no ticket, i stopped and waited for him, either my stupidity or my luck...dont know.

rocketrotary 10-14-2007 05:46 AM

I haven't been pulled over in almost 2 years. Even then it was my fault. I've never been pulled over on a bike though. Thankfully.

firstninjabike 10-14-2007 06:22 AM

ive been pulled over on my first bike once. she just wanted to harrass me. i was going the speed limit it was the 3rd day i had the bike i dint have my endorsment just the paper permit when i was in florida.i was at an intersection turning right on red (legal in florida) i saw a cop drive by me when i was stopped going the direction i was about to go she pulled over and waited for me to pass her adn she pulled out. She ran my tag for no reason and gave me a ticket cuz i dint have my DL on me at the time. I htought i had it but i lost it earlier in the day. I could have fought it cuz she neededneeded a reason to run my tag which she dint. but i never run.

rocketrotary 10-14-2007 06:25 AM

Good call

firstninjabike 10-14-2007 06:29 AM

plus the ticket was only 7 bucks

rocketrotary 10-14-2007 06:40 AM

I've never had a $7 ticket... must be nice

firstninjabike 10-14-2007 01:53 PM

its more of a pain in the ass cuz you have to go to the court house just to pay it

rocketrotary 10-15-2007 05:18 AM

One time I got a reckless driving ticket because the cop said I was fishtailing when I was leaving the parking lot of the bar I was in. It made no sense to me because I was in a front-wheel-drive car.

zzrick 10-15-2007 03:27 PM

were you in reverse?:D

srobak 10-15-2007 04:53 PM

There are so many things wrong with that whole story, it's not even funny.

Five over. Jesus Christ - you don't run for five over. Just cause you had one cop run you through the mill and go over your bike with a magnifying glass and write you LEGIT tickets for your mods - most likely cause you started up an attitude with him - doesn't mean they all will or do.

Mods are a gamble - most cops will let them slide, so long as you are not being horribly annoying with a D&D pipe or something... and sportbikes for the last 15 years have had a horizon line in their headlight lenses... go to a dark road, angle it down to trunk-height. Even stock beams will get you pulled over if you don't keep it adjusted correctly.

The thing with the gas station - have been in that situaiton many times, never had it happen. Were you staring him down? Were you muttering and making comments while filling up your bike? Did you roll in, eyeballing him and shake your head as you went by? Guess what - if you did any of that - then yes, the cop is going to take an interest in you. However - all you needed to do at the time he approached you was to say two words: Probable Cause. If he cannot justify his interest in "stopping" you - then you can file a complaint with the department about the officers' conduct, as it would have been out of line.

Running for 5 over will likely get you seriously injured or dead some day. Is it really worth it? Chances are since you were doing 5 over, and he LIDARed you (which is easy, even on a small vehicle and plate) instead of old school radar - he had the probable cause to stop you, check you out for a moment, and depending on your traffic history and your attitude - let you go with a verbal.

When you run for something so stupid and trivial, it ENSURES that there will be more stops and more interest by cops of bikes for more trivial things. Stop, be nice, be respectful, and you will be treated the same, 9 times out of 10. Don't give a cop a reason to pay more attention to you than thinking "there's one of those damn sportbike kids", and you won't have any issues.

vfrpilot 10-15-2007 04:57 PM

+1

Prom 10-15-2007 07:40 PM

+2, That was my comment, but I wasnt level headed enough to say it right, thanks sro.

Deuce 10-15-2007 10:55 PM

I've only been pulled over on my bike once a long time ago. I was riding with only my permit. I had to sit in the back of his car for a few minutes but he just ended up following me home and telling me not to ride without a licensed rider next time. I can't really say what you should do. Different areas have different cops, I'm sure. I wouldn't ever run from the cops, mostly because I'd be more afraid of getting myself killed running than the money I'd have to pay for a ticket. My life's worth more than any ticket.

hokie01 10-15-2007 11:09 PM

Runnin puts everyone that isn't involved in your little afraid to get a ticket ordeal at risk of an accident or worse.Just think of the little kid that just happens to wander out into the road while your running ,most guys with kids here would agree,the courts couldn't save you.JMO

pie4foou 10-16-2007 12:14 AM

i think that running makes for really cool episodes of COPS which i loveeee to watch.... run it up, just dont kill anyone else.

ninjan00b 10-16-2007 12:42 AM

In lincoln they have a helicopter that they singnal in if a bike is running. Actually some kid did a burn out next to a cop then ran and lost him but they called in the helicopter and gave the pilot the profile in the bike. they found it later that day parked in someone's backyard. i don't know if they are doing that in any other states, but if they are that would make it even more stupid to run.