Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Cop camera site

Old 02-21-2008, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Cop camera site

or there could of been a gun in the car or in his hand, the guy was trying t drive off with the cop on the hood, they did have his plates and could of got him later, but he could of also fleed the country, he could of been wanted for murder himself.... theres lots of unknown points here and its hard to draw a conclusion.

and i personally have almost noproblem with murder, animals kill eachother all the time, noone puts them on trial. its not a ***** nilly thing, ut if someone deserves it then fine.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

If somebody tried to drive off while I was on the hood of a car, I'd have blown him away too. Don't do anything that threatens my life, or I'll take yours to make sure mine remains intact. I would have done the same thing.

Then again, I'm the guy sitting here in Iraq praying for some action, so I'm probably not the person you want to talk to about this issue.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider
Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Flick..klx....I'm drawing a blank....I know that line just can't place it. [:@] "Outlaw Joesy Wales" "Quick and the Dead" .....Damn can't remember.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member

You don't know that he was trying to drive off with the cop on the car. It didn't show that much. That guy had bullets in him by the time it showed the car again on that video. He may have just had it in drive and then been dead and his foot left the brake. You can't say for certain what was going on, but it sure didn't look like he was driving off with the guy on the car. He was DEAD as soon as we saw that cop on the car. Getting on the hood of a car of someone who's running from you is putting YOURSELF in danger. The guy was trying to get away. He was running AWAY from the cops. He wasn't hunting them down trying to run them over. That cop put himself in a position where he would have to use deadly force if the guy kept moving. There's no justifying that. He had other options.. For instance, not getting on the hood of a car of a guy trying to run away from him. ORRRRrrr crazy I know.. He could've just slid right off the side. The guy was going less than 2 miles an hour. That guy should not have run. That's true. But, from my perspective it didn't look like he was trying to kill anyone more than he was just trying to get away. Last I knew, evading or running from the cops isn't punishable by death. This isn't Judge Dredd. Cops do not and should not have the right to be executioners.

My opinion on killing is basically if my life or the life of my family is in danger from another person I will do what is required to stop that person. Assuming I had a firearm, my aim would not be to kill him unless he had a gun pointed at me or my family and showed intent to use it. The comparison with how animals in nature operate doesn't apply because I am not an animal. I am a person with a soul and so is everyone else. The life we have is a gift from God and I'm reluctant to take that away from anyone no matter how they choose to use it.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:37 AM

Awesome!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

If somebody tried to drive off while I was on the hood of a car, I'd have blown him away too. Don't do anything that threatens my life, or I'll take yours to make sure mine remains intact. I would have done the same thing.

Then again, I'm the guy sitting here in Iraq praying for some action, so I'm probably not the person you want to talk to about this issue.
hahaha, no, youre the best person to talk to bout it. you have weapions traning, you'd prob make the best decision outta all of us.

deuce: are you religious? because if you are i can definitly see where youre coming from.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 AM
1st Gear Member

like others have said we don't know all the facts, the guy could have just killed his entire family and was running. Maybe he did try and run over the cop. However his choice was to run and now he is dead, and if they hadn't of killed him he might have caused an accident and killed some innocent people. If someone tries to take my life or that of my families I will have no problem taking his. Shoot first figure it out later!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

If I were a cop, jumped on the hood of a fleeing suspect, pulled my sidearm out, and he still kept trying to flee with me on the hood? Damn right I would have shot him. I would have gone for a headshot to offset the chance that his foot would have come down on the accelerator. We military types have rules of engagement too. Show the weapon with intent to use, fire one warning shot, then shoot to kill. I don't know if he fired a warning shot, but when things are happening so fast, sometimes you have to react on a hair trigger. If this guy was stupid enough to try to flee with an officer on the hood of the car, than the officer is a hero for removing that guy's stupidity gene from the gene pool. The guy in the car would be nominated for a Darwin award were it not for the fact that he didn't take his own life. It's easy to play the armchair quarterback after the game is over. It's different when you're in a situation like that. That officer made a difficult decision.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kx slaughter king

or there could of been a gun in the car or in his hand, the guy was trying t drive off with the cop on the hood, they did have his plates and could of got him later, but he could of also fleed the country, he could of been wanted for murder himself.... theres lots of unknown points here and its hard to draw a conclusion.

and i personally have almost noproblem with murder, animals kill eachother all the time, noone puts them on trial. its not a ***** nilly thing, ut if someone deserves it then fine.

thats a pretty Fu@ked up thing to say!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cop camera site