Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Cop accidently shoots boy. Graphic warning (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/cop-accidently-shoots-boy-graphic-warning-26386/)

hoedogg 01-07-2009 01:23 PM

Cop accidently shoots boy. Graphic warning

tasers are causing lots o problems here in cali. the second video down is the best veiw
http://www.ktvu.com/video/18409133/index.html

JRock420 01-07-2009 01:45 PM

thats f*cked up

hoedogg 01-07-2009 01:52 PM

yeah they say the cop ment to pull his taser but pulled his gun instead.

JRock420 01-07-2009 01:54 PM

yeah I can see where that went wrong,, I mean,, The taser and the gun is the same thing... same fill, same size, same look, thats like picking up a carrot when you mean to pick up an apple wtf

Kohburn 01-07-2009 02:17 PM

and most jurisdictions have the officers wear the tazer cross draw to avoid that happening.

more likely he drew his weapon to cover the other officers and had a negligent discharge, was no sign of any reason for either to be drawn from what was shown in the videos.

JRock420 01-07-2009 02:24 PM

rookies

hoedogg 01-07-2009 02:26 PM

bart cops. bay area rapid transit. there like real cops just not as smart:(

Worlok14 01-07-2009 02:28 PM

Another good reason to stay out of Cali!!!!! Just for you Doggy............LOL

JRock420 01-07-2009 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Worlok14 (Post 349208)
Another good reason to stay out of Cali!!!!! Just for you Doggy............LOL

+1 that could have been me,, no offense doggy

Kohburn 01-07-2009 02:34 PM

other pictures and video show he was wearing a tazer on his left side

hoedogg 01-07-2009 02:35 PM

down south a stolen MC was running from the cops and crashed. the cop went over to tase the guy not realizing fuel leaked out of the bike onto the guy. when the cop tasered him he went up in flames...lol

Worlok14 01-07-2009 02:41 PM

Anybody that steals a bike should burn!

Kohburn 01-07-2009 02:42 PM

be a theif and then run from the cops and thats what you get.

but this shooting was just not justified.

sombo 01-07-2009 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by JRock420 (Post 349192)
yeah I can see where that went wrong,, I mean,, The taser and the gun is the same thing... same fill, same size, same look, thats like picking up a carrot when you mean to pick up an apple wtf

Commonly used police taser weapon.

http://glenngohr.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/taser.jpg

Commonly used police sidearm.

http://www.enemyforces.com/firearms/glock17_3.jpg

They are a lot more alike then you realize. However, this does NOT in any way excuse the cop in what he did. There was no call to be drawing either in this case. Also if he did have a taser on him it should not be in the same spot as his sidearm therefore he new what he was drawing when he did that.

deej 01-07-2009 03:34 PM

Even he looked shocked at what happened. It really could have been a mistake, this is not the first time that has happened. ;)

JRock420 01-07-2009 03:45 PM

no Im not buying it,, there was no need to draw your gun nor the taser...... So there for there was a mistake,, the cop made a mistake of pulling out a weapon when not needed

kx slaughter king 01-07-2009 05:04 PM

what a sack of ****. the cops were giving these kids a hard time, a fight. big ****ing deal. that happenes all the time. a small fine and everyone could of been happy. besides the kid was cooperating, he had his hands up, then the cops threw him to the ground, started kneeling on him and you can see the cop that shot him calmly got off the kid, drew his gun, spent a few seconds aiming then shot. what the ****? i but both my cars that he'll get a tiny suspension and be back on the streets. but if you or me did that same thing with a few friends and tried to call the shot self defence the rest of our lives would be spent in a 8x10 cell. i ****ing hate cops.

zzrick 01-07-2009 05:24 PM

Its terrible, and the shooting doesn't appear to fit the crime. But it supports my theory of if you don't do anything to get the police's attention, you wouldn't be in that situation. Again, I am not saying this was a good shoot, just saying that by being a better citizen you can avoid the chance of this even happening for the most part. That poor kids family must be furious about this, I would be out for blood.

Prom 01-07-2009 06:21 PM

The cop drew, aimed, fired, then holstered the weapon. I believe the smoking gun, as it were, lies in the way the holstered the gun, it wasn't an "oh ****, what the hell just happened, what do I do now?" move, it was a calm draw+aim+fire+holster combo just like he was trained to do and probably practiced a hundred times before. At no point did he appear to have realized any problem with what he had done, therefore it had to be intentional.

Kohburn 01-07-2009 06:26 PM

oh they are, multi-million dollar law suit

one of the things you also have to recognize is that like it or not profile is a big issue for young blacks, even if they didn't do anything, if someone that looked similar did then they are likely to eat pavement untill it can get sorted out.

the primary issue i see with this incident is the escalation of force is all wrong. The police had the overwhelming upper hand and were dealing with cooperative people. Don't think making him get on the ground was even necessary in order to cuff him.

Kohburn 01-07-2009 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Prom (Post 349264)
The cop drew, aimed, fired, then holstered the weapon. I believe the smoking gun, as it were, lies in the way the holstered the gun, it wasn't an "oh ****, what the hell just happened, what do I do now?" move, it was a calm draw+aim+fire+holster combo just like he was trained to do and probably practiced a hundred times before. At no point did he appear to have realized any problem with what he had done, therefore it had to be intentional.

I think the more clear videos show both that officer and the two who were int he line of his fire were all shocked when the pistol discharged.

I think it was a negligent discharge. one that never would have happened if he had never drawn his firearm when it wasn't necessary.

Prom 01-07-2009 06:55 PM

either way, cop=screwed

hoedogg 01-07-2009 08:36 PM

the family announced last night they are filing a 25 million dollar wrongfull death sute. and thats not even the civil sute there going to file next...

KDXmike 01-07-2009 08:49 PM

The cop should get the death penalty but I realize it's CA.

Life in prison without possibility of parole.

Mike

chik636rydr 01-07-2009 11:45 PM

I am former law enforcement with 5 years experience in Mobile Police Department. What occurred in that video was standard police procedure. However, the discharge of the weapon was not. If the officer would have drawn and tazed the guy he would have been completely justified because the man was resisting the officer. I just don't see how he drew the wrong weapon. Most departments use the x-26, which is comparable to a sub compact pistol. You also cross draw from your non dominant, firearm side:

http://calsuntac.com/store/image/x09...ted_Supply.jpg

Only thing I can guess is that dude was a rookie and never had to encounter a situation like that. He probably had only been the assisting officer on such arrests.

Who knows, either way it goes, sad situation.

Fourty2ri 01-08-2009 03:35 AM

I am former law enforcement with 5 years experience in Mobile Police Department.
Chick, I think you might have just broken KX slaughterkings Heart http://i27.tinypic.com/263khw3.jpg

Kohburn 01-08-2009 12:32 PM

he was no rookie - he had been on the force 2 years according to the video.

Kohburn 01-08-2009 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by KDXmike (Post 349290)
The cop should get the death penalty but I realize it's CA.

Life in prison without possibility of parole.

Mike

maybe if he was carrying out an execusion - but for an accident stupid or not, another death does not make it any better.

Fourty2ri 01-08-2009 09:02 PM

I can not understand why he even pulled his piece out? So there was a bit of a struggle. BFD. 3-4 cops were around or on the guy, they had already patted him down, no one whacked the cop, he didnt act like he had a Taser and was telling him to stop fighting, he just pulled it, popped him, then acted all like, oh well,
Now they say he quit, and wont talk to the police about it? Union rep and lawyer told him not to?
If you or I had done that, we would be held with out bail, and thats it.
Screwed up State there, Ho

chik636rydr 01-08-2009 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri (Post 349369)
Chick, I think you might have just broken KX slaughterkings Heart http://i27.tinypic.com/263khw3.jpg

lol aweee how you sa that I broke his heart??? ;)

kx slaughter king 01-08-2009 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri (Post 349369)

funny guy...

other than the fact that chiks just some random person on the web that ill prob never meet, i like some cops... there are a few in town that are really cool. ive been pulled over before on my bike and asked what mods are on it and how fast it can go, then let go with a friendly "be safe". its the cops that hide behind their badge and think it makes them better than you or me that i cant stand. the ones with ego problems that need to feel bigger and better than everyone and hate it when youre right, the ones that will slam you with huge tickets for minor things like 5mph over the limit or not stopping completely at a stop sign, but coming to a 2mph roll for 3or 4 seconds. those are the ones that wind up in situations like this and the ones that deserve to be mopping the floors at mc.donalds, not be on the force.

last time i checked their badges read "to protect and serve." not "to harass and annoy." but most cops seem to go by the latter of the two.

Fourty2ri 01-09-2009 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by chik636rydr (Post 349566)
lol aweee how you sa that I broke his heart??? ;)

Just kidding, I can tell how highly KX Slaughter king thinks of policia !!

its the cops that hide behind their badge and think it makes them better than you or me that i cant stand. the ones with ego problems that need to feel bigger and better than everyone and hate it when youre right,

last time i checked their badges read "to protect and serve." not "to harass and annoy." but most cops seem to go by the latter of the two
I dont think anyone will disagree with that.
I know alot of police officers, ride with one all the time, a real stand up guy. Plenty of my customers are cops, 99% are the real deal, they would never let themselves get into a situation like that.
Its a real sad deal, no one deserves to die like that, no one

srobak 01-09-2009 06:15 AM

As several of you know, I am also ex-LEO with just over 5 years on. Among other things, I was also an FTO and an academy instructor in firearms training. Afraid I have to disagree with Chicky - the minimal levels of resistance he was displaying in no way should have resulted in the drawing of a firearm, especially that late in the situation where he was face down and in cuffs with 4 officers on him. In fact - it didn't even warrant a tazer to be drawn at that point. Notice not a single officer had his ASP out either?

Tragic for sure - but his weapon should have never left his holster. $.02

http://www.robak.net/images/people/s...awn-patrol.jpg

Himanshu 01-09-2009 10:19 AM

Re:Cop accidently shoots boy. Graphic warning

Happy new year
to all the members.

hoedogg 01-09-2009 01:13 PM

well night before last the ghetto erupted. they had full blown riots going on. hundered of cars and stores burned and broken. somone adopt me i need outta here:eek:

zzrick 01-09-2009 01:30 PM

What a sad excuse to misbehave...

Stealing some tvs and smashing some windows will fix everything! Idiots. I am tired of hearing about the people in the ghetto justifying their bad behavior....build a wall around that place and let it go. My .02..

Fourty2ri 01-09-2009 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by zzrick (Post 349716)
What a sad excuse to misbehave...

Stealing some tvs and smashing some windows will fix everything! Idiots. I am tired of hearing about the people in the ghetto justifying their bad behavior....build a wall around that place and let it go. My .02..

Aint that the truth, no one wants to be held accountable for anything.

As several of you know, I am also ex-LEO with just over 5 years on. Among other things, I was also an FTO and an academy instructor in firearms training
Well I didnt know that, glad to hear you came around to the "other side" !! http://i30.tinypic.com/263khw3.jpg

BTW, what is an FTO?

JRock420 01-09-2009 01:50 PM

+1 zzricky,,, lets start a Hoedoggy Transport out of Cali Fund,, Before it turns into one big gettho or falls in the ocean!!!! :)

srobak 01-09-2009 04:28 PM

Field Training Officer. The probie's rode with me. :)

During my time I made FTO, then squad sergeant, academy instructor, and then shift sergeant (supervisor).

I was on the "other side" long before I was a cop. I enjoyed it, for sure - had a great time. Wish I could have stuck with it... but - after all promotions, etc - in 5 years my salary only went up about 5k. (32.5k/yr). I decided to go into my field of study instead... less stress, better hours, and much better money. :)

I'd do it again, but they would really have to make it worth my while to deal with the scourge of society on a daily basis again.

Worlok14 01-09-2009 05:38 PM

What are you doing now Sroby? I cant remember you saying just what you really do now. I do not blame you for not staying with the Leo thing. If I had to deal with all of those scum bags, I would probably start elliminating them all.