Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Can't teach an old Harley guy new tricks.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 07:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Can't teach an old Harley guy new tricks.

These dang Harley guys! I work with a guy that rides a new Harley, and every time we talk bikes, I find that we have very little in common with each other. Ron doesn't believe helmets will do anything for you, I on the other hand, have seen enough bad pics on the Internet of riders without helmets to convince me there is no way I'd ever go without one. Ron also thinks wearing leather only matters if it's cold outside. There again, I would rather scrap the hell out of my jacket instead of my skin!

Last night, we were getting ready to go home. I had just finished putting on all of my gear. Ron made a cheap shot, asking me if he could wear my jacket and head down to the Harley shop so every one could poke fun at it. I said "sure" smiling, as long as I can leave the parking lot before you, so I don't have to get a face full of your Harley's exhaust smoke that his "new" Harley is producing! That shut him up!

New Harley, and it smokes worse than an old Chrysler minivan! that's pathetic!

I should have also told him he could even borrow my bike, so he could show every "Harley guy" a motorcycle that costs five times less, and will be out on the road five times longer!

Old 08-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Can't teach an old Harley guy new tricks.

i would of. haa haa

Old 08-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Some fools just do not get it. I think most hd's are crap for what you have to pay for them. A lot of them look cool as hell but that’s it and cool as hell does not corner for sh%t. lol

Hope your work buddy never finds out the hard way about no helmet, feel sorry for his family [&o]

Old 08-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

nothing beats 900 pounds of solid bling that handles like **** and looks good doing it.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: evil636

nothing beats 900 pounds of solid bling that handles like **** and looks good doing it.
That's also what Cadillacs were made for

Old 08-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

A cadillac only weighs 900 lbs? lol

In 2008, somebody at the Harley shop the other day was saying, that all the HD's have to catch up to the times. No more air cooled motors, no more Carbs.. That might be why they came out with the V-Rod?

My buddy's '05 is a smoker also. He has owned it since it was new, and she smokes and the linkage has fallen off twice. It's now out of warranty, 4 more years of payment, with 20,000 + grand left to owe. Maybe it will look cool in the front yard with flowers growing in it? lol

lol.... A $20,000 flower bucket. he he.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I believe Ron also said something about his Harley having a problem with a linkage of some sort. It's hard to keep track of everything that he's had problems with. I know his bike is fuel injected, and something went wrong with that too!

Old 08-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

im all for american things, but the japanese just build a better bike. sorry but thats the truth, if you dont like it, tuff crap. someday ill build myself a chopper just for chits and giggles but ill allways have a jap bike.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

That is true.... Have you seen that new Victory tho'.... That's a bada$$ bike right there.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

That is true.... Have you seen that new Victory tho'.... That's a bada$$ bike right there.
Yea I heard it comes with its on drip pan for your garage, with the HD logo stamped into it of course.

Separately the pan retails for $199.00. lol

Quick Reply: Can't teach an old Harley guy new tricks.