Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Can't Sleep!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Can't Sleep!!!

Nyquil

AKA: Coma

Old 02-15-2008, 01:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej:"Just go to the off topic section and read a couple of pages in the "I feel like whoring it up thread", and I promise your eyes will be getting heavy in no time. "

More like go read what everyone is fighting about in the KLX section today How many times can IG get everyone fired up about yamahas vs. KLX?

Old 02-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

lmao^^^^^^^^^yeah stay away from pills if possiable[:'(]

Old 02-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrick

Deej:"Just go to the off topic section and read a couple of pages in the "I feel like whoring it up thread", and I promise your eyes will be getting heavy in no time. "

More like go read what everyone is fighting about in the KLX section today How many times can IG get everyone fired up about yamahas vs. KLX?
I'm supposed to try and be neutral, but yes that section would do the job as well.[8D][8D][8D]

Old 02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess getting off the Ambien I was going through withdrawals and was almost in a panic come bedtime - not fun. Seems I have way too many unresolved issues I keep stored away in the recesses of my mind - bad habit. I definitely enjoyed reading some of the responses, also knowing some of you are also suffering the same ills, helps! I'll try a combination of some of the above listed "cures" and see what happens.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds good Mark, just make sure one of the combinations you try is NOT booze and pills. Not a good combination.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Try watching a movie that you've seen a bunch of times. Close your eyes and play the movie in your head while you're laying in bed. Almost always works for me.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:38 PM
1st Gear Member

2nd what deej just said. If you find something that works let me know, I have yet to find a good solution. I think I am like you, if I lay down and my mind starts working its over. I might as well get up and start a new day.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your problem. Maybe a try Thi-Chi ( spelling ) class. Seriously, wouldn't hurt. Get your chi a flowing with your ying and yang. Might reduce stress and release the bad ju-ju.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Man not sleeping sucks, but stay away from the tylenol, it has a full dose of aceteminophen plus a dose of benedryl as i recall. (been a while since my pharmacy tech days) Almost every OTC sleep medicine is benedryl (Diphenhydramine Hcl). There is one type of Unisom that uses Doxylamine but other than that its just benedryl, and since that doesnt work for you, there is really no sense in switching. I beleive rick mentioned Melatonin, which is the natural chemical produced by your body at night to put you to sleep, I would get that a shot, it should be with the vitamins and voodoo pills, but it works well.

If that doesnt work there is always the age old method of one burbon, one scotch, and one beer

Quick Reply: Can't Sleep!!!