Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

BIKE WENT DOWN this morning!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default BIKE WENT DOWN this morning!

Some a**hole cut me off on Coleman Ave. where they're doin lots of construction, so there's gravel ALL over. This truck (think it was silver or white) cuts me off, and I hit the brakes to not slam into him, and in slow motion, I see the ground gettin closer and closer..... BOOOM. Bike goes down, I slide about 10 feet or so, doin like 35ish, bike slid on its left side off to the right and I hopped up to get out of the road. This was in decent amount of traffic, and not ONE person stopped to help me. F*ckers. So some guy who was waiting to pull out on to the road got out and helped me lift it up.

My left shoulder is not doing good. Jacket lifted a tad during the slide, so I've got some rash on my stomach, hip hurts, knee's cut, let is cut... But the jacket an helmet look GREAT.

The bike: SLIDERS ARE MY HERO!!! Not ONE fairing is bad!!!! Slider is f*cked, mirror gone, shifter is bent to hell & the case on the left side (on the right side is the transer case, sorry I dunno what it is) it's all scratched up, and then little sh*t like the handle bar is scratched, clutch lever is scratched... But other than that... It's good to go.

So I'm lookin to buy some new parts & get my *** back on the road!!!

If anyone finds that truck who cut me off... Let me know. I've got a gift for 'em.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Default RE: BIKE WENT DOWN this morning!

damn that **** sucks bro...at least you had your sliders on the bike and your gear on your back

BTW what parts are you looking to get

Old 08-24-2006, 06:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah man, that coulda been NASTY w/o them.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

That sucks! Glad to hear that you are okay and the bike isn't too bad!

I'm scared to take my bike out right now because the only road that I can take to get anywhere from my place is all dug up and is nothing but gravel right now. I did venture out on it once, not fun! Worst thing is they're going to chip seal the road, so it'll be tricky for the first little while.

Oh well, what can you do! Hope that jerk gets what he deserves!!!

Old 08-24-2006, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

MG Glad you are ok...the bike is always fixable and its only a material thing anyway.
People definitely have no courtesy that is for darn sure! I would have stopped and helped ya. I always have stopped to help people...thats the way I was raised. Again I'm just glad that YOU are ok.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Almost the EXACT same happened to me a week ago, only I didn't go down. I was also in a construction zone, and this little blonde woman in her giant suburban suddenly switches into my lane! It was very close! I hit the brakes hard while moving over towards the curb, then I got in the other lane and got up beside the stupid B*TCH; she just had this confused look on her face like "where did you come from?" People really don't watch out for motorcyclists. That's the sad truth. Just like playing a game chess, you must have a well planed strategy while riding in traffic in case the unexpected happens.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. Well the more I sit here, the worse my shoulder feels. I think I'm gonna end up goin to the doc's an have 'em check it out. I can't put any pressure on it, or raise it up, or let it just hang down. F*CK THIS SUCKS.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Take care of yourself first and foremost, go get it checked out!!!! Get well soon!

Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 PM

yeah go get it checked out....hell you might get some days off lol

Old 08-24-2006, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

MG seriously go to the doc, ER whatever...that ain't good. I've torn my right shoulder twice and left once. Get that **** taken care of. Let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: BIKE WENT DOWN this morning!