Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

The bike to change Harley riders

Old 01-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Default The bike to change Harley riders

Has anybody seen the Buell 1125R. I am hoping that some of the Harley dudes that deep down, want a real bike will buy the 1125R. When they ride, they will probably wonder why none of their friends will wave at them when they ride by. They will have a raging desire to wear helmets and Icon gear. They will go to biker rally's and nobody will look at their bike. Their Harley friends will not hang with them anymore. They will get rid of their fat funky girlfriends because they cant get on their new bike. The possibilities are endless!
Some will probably end up going to the shrink over this. The new Buell may inspire a new awareness in the Harley world, or spawn many confused macho bikers.
In your opinions, what other scenarios could this create? This could possibly change the way Harley freaks look at us andthat's scary!

One can only ponder the possibilities............Rocketman

Old 01-23-2008, 03:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The bike to change Harley riders

Yeah, but have you taken a good look at the 1125R? Yes, it's mechanically a lot better than previous Buell's because it doesn't rely on a sportster motor, and the Rotax is a BA motor, but have you looked at it? It's hideous! If they would have put the new motor in the Firebold XB12R body, it would be a truly badass machine.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:12 AM
1st Gear Member

why do so many people have problems with harley riders. I've never had a problem.
must be your section of the country.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:19 AM

Yeah Rotary,
You are right , it is ugly but I'm thinking that Harley riders will overlook the uglyness because it's almost a Harley and in the article I read, they are boasting that it is an American sports bike. I have nothing against pure American machinery but the Harley guys that I know seem to be hung up on the fact that their bikes are American made.
I wonder if they realize that the motor was produced out of the States?
By the way, have you seen the B king? I think it is the uglyest thing I have ever seen, they should have named it the B Ugly!

Rocketman

Old 01-23-2008, 10:34 AM

Yoman,

Go to northern Ohio, those guys are buying bikes right and left and have never owned a bike in their life. They get tatoo's the first year, buy everything that Harley makes in the clothing line, then the only thoing they do is ride from bar to bar and act like they have been bikers since birth. They have more wrecks than anywhere I have ever been.
I have a buddy thathas beengoing through that phase for the last two years.
About six of his riding buddies have crashed while drunk but nothing changes. I tried to ride with them last summer and all they did was ride from bar to bar and act like they were bad asses. Honestly, I could not get them to ride past a bar!
It is OK to own a Harley if that's what you want, but personally I do not like the fake bad *** biker culture that seems to be attached to riding a Harley, at least in northern Ohio.
And the Sturgis thing is the ultimate Harley cult worship carnival.
All bikes are good, but the immediate transformatin that some people go through when they buy a Harley is just too fake.
I have been a biker since I was 10 years old, and I dont understand the cult worship thing. They also cut down sport bikers like we are trash, who's the trash?

Rocketman

Old 01-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea i agree.... i went to look at the bike im buying today, last week with my riding buddy, he has asuzuki drz400s, KTM 950 adv, and a harley... and he mentioned that to the guy who im buying the bike off of, and he said " you have a harley?thats a discrace." lol... he was laughingand stuff but this guy had a speed boat, quads, a dirt bike, and his old bike and my new bike.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

have no problem with harleys, and i like the buels (atleast the faster ones)

Old 01-23-2008, 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I just have a problem with some harley riders.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

+1
ORIGINAL: Kohburn

have no problem with harleys, and i like the buels (atleast the faster ones)

Old 01-23-2008, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrick

I just have a problem with some harley riders.
yeah

the problem is really just "some" harley riders, and "some" sportbike riders

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The bike to change Harley riders