Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Big crash at work

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:04 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Big crash at work

So it's 7:20 am and I'm sitting there having coffee and all of a sudden a few of us hear a loud crash. Now I work for an insulation company so our business has a few offices in front and a large wharehouse in the back off a two lane highway in a small town where the speed limit is 35mph. I figured it was the semi moving his axels delivering material in the back or a garbage truck out front. We rush outside the using the side door to see what happened.

It was a car accident in our parking lot! The lady had a seizure coming toward or shop, pinned the gas, bounced off two cars ( one was a BMW) in the front of the building next two us, came across our parking lot and ran straight into the side and under our 26000lbs loose fill blowing truck. Kinda like the size of a moving truck. She hit so hard, the car a Ford 500 sedan pushed the truck sideways two feet into a 1 ton box truck! Missed my jeep by two parking spaces.

We got the lady's door open and she was stunned from the airbag and still having a seizure. The worst part was a 16 month old in a car seat behind her, but the lil' chibby guy was fine. I tried to get the car seat out but having no kids of my own I couldn't get the seat belt out of it. So I just cut it off and took the baby in the seat inside the office and had the sales guy watch him. I was just worried about the car catching on fire or something because the radiator was steeming and the car was close to the fuel tank on our truck.

She had no idea what happened and only could tell us her name. After the police and ambulance came someone got hold of her husband. The lady was 6 months pregnant also, so hopefully everything is fine with her, her baby and the lil' one.

I would hate to think of what would of happened if the two trucks weren't there to stop her from hitting into the side of the building. Where I was sitting....next to the two glass side doors, I might not be here typing this. I know it's always after the fact, thinking what if but it was a crazy morning!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow, that is crazy. I'm glad that so far everyone seems to be ok. I hope her baby is fine and I hope she gets help with whatever caused her seizure and it has no ill effect on the baby.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I hope everything is alright with the lady, they might review her driving privileges with a seizure. It doesn't always mean you can't drive unless there is a pattern. Glad you could help out there man.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

That happened to one of my friends wife a couple months ago, lucky for them everyone was fine as well. They took here driving privilages away for six months until they could figure out what had caused her to have a seizure.

Hopefully this womens unborn baby is ok.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll check the local paper in the morning. Maybe her husband will call work to say thanks and give us an update. She looked fine due to the airbag, only had some blood from her lip. On the side underneath of the big truck she hit was a 4 ft by 3ft locking metal tool box. It was squashed like a pepsi can you step on.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, glad that the lady and the kid is OK. That could have been a lot worse! Can you imagine what would happen if you were thrashing a ZX-14 and had a seizure, poof, your gone............sceeery man!

Old 10-02-2008, 03:05 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow, that's crazy. Glad everyone is OK. Good job rescuing the baby - you're a hero! You did give him back, right?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Crazy stuff man glad the little guy was ok though

Old 10-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

way crazy chit man. hope shes alright

Old 10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
1st Gear Member

+1....can we still do that?

Quick Reply: Big crash at work