Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

baptised

Old 05-31-2006, 08:01 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: baptised

I am glad you are all right and the bike isn't busted up to bad. I was talking to a buddy of mine about this same thing and he was telling me it is just a matter of time before I go down. Everyone I know has gone down at least once. There is a saying in the aviation world that says "learn from others mistakes because you will never live long enough to make them all yourself." Stories like yours Barbar make us all better riders.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:38 PM

I know this sounds really bad, but I'm glad riders do post about their accident cause like everyone mentioned, it's a reminder to all of us that it could happen. It's to me like a MSF course all over, you read what the rider did and figure what they could have done to prevent it. Not to mock them for it, but to see if you were in that situation, what should you do. For Barbar, it's speed up on the turns just a bit, cause he went kinda slow and the road's condition. I think it was Murphy he was on a turn when a car came into his lane, dont' hug the lines, be more aware. My accident, when the brakes lock up, release them a bit and I didn't down shift and be aware of road conditions.

Three lesson I just learned.

Also, gear up cause if your going 100mph or 10mph you can still get hurt.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

well now you've got that one out of the way.... glad to hear your ok..... and welcome to the club.....

Search this Thread