Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

bad monday

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default bad monday

Well right before I went to work monday I found out my best friend was in the hospital having back surgery and might not be able to walk again. So His mom asks me to go down there and wait with her. So I take off in my avenger (bad idea...hadnt driven it in like 3 weeks) and come to find out bout 70 miles later that I was out of radiator fluid....turns out I have a small leak. So I pull over a couple times to let it cool down and to add fluid....but the Check Engine Light came on. The car itself drives fine and doesnt feel like the engine was affected...but I dont know how to turn it off. So anyways I get to the hospital and wait with his mom for a while and he finally gets out of surgery. They take him to ICU and we have to wait about another hour(nothing unexpected). So we finally go see him and he is in good spirits....minus being in alot of pain. I chit chat with him for a while then take off back to my house(120 miles away...and yes I filled up the radiator). When I get home I hit the power button on my laptop....while it was in the log in screen....and it goes dead. Try for bout a half hour to fix it then call gateway. They try for about 2 hours over the phone and cant fix it....but think it was a freak power surge that took out the hard drive. So now their going to overnight me a new HD....should be here tommorrow.

On the plus side....I did go get my zx6r yesterday. Had to take a patient to el paso and almost delivered another kid on the way.

Now today I talked to my buddys mom....he is able to move his toes and has feeling coming back in his legs (gonna take like 2 weeks to find out how much he is going to recover). They did move him to the rehab facility about a week early though....as he wasnt supposed to go there till monday at the earliest. I was able to do the high speed run back to town on my bike....averaged 95-105 with a high of 115. The new HD came in today and Ive got about 10% of my stuff reloaded.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: bad monday

Holy Crap TX....Drink a beer man!!

I do not even know what to say to that one......On your dodge, you should be able to cycle the key three times and count the check engine light to get codes....Without an OTC, or equilivant, just unbolt the battery cable, positive side, leave off for 30 seconds or so, and hook back up and that will clear the trouble codes....

I'm glad your friend is regaining fealing....Sounds like he is all ready on the road to recovery..Hopefully he is strong mentally and can pull through man!!

GL TX.....Let us know hoe it all turns out man....

Old 06-15-2006, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

wow i would say, you had quite a monday..... take the rest of the week off..... wats up brother rigger

Old 06-15-2006, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Trying to find things to stay out of trouble!!!!! lol lol

The wife is on vacation!! Woo Hoo....lol....I mean, darn. I sure do miss her....lol lol lol

It's a good thing I do not live there.You would have me in a world of ****!!!!!! lol

wassup wit chu man??

Old 06-15-2006, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

Trying to find things to stay out of trouble!!!!! lol lol

The wife is on vacation!! Woo Hoo....lol....I mean, darn. I sure do miss her....lol lol lol

It's a good thing I do not live there.You would have me in a world of ****!!!!!! lol

wassup wit chu man??
working hard, still in computer hell, and riding..... thats pretty much it.....

Old 06-15-2006, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

STILL haveing computer probs?? Dang man.... Have you tried to pour Corona on it? lol

I had a computer that kept giving me some kind of can't find page file code....Poured some Corona in the back of her, and VOILA, no more probs!! lol lol lol

Old 06-15-2006, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

all i have is bud..... i don't think that **** will work......

Old 06-15-2006, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Then the computer will get the munchies!!! lol lol lol lol lol

Old 06-15-2006, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Then the computer will get the munchies!!! lol lol lol lol lol
it only gets that when i blow weed smoke at it..... ha ha ha not that i do anything like that..... lol lol lol

Old 06-15-2006, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Oh, ya, I, um , understand!!! lol lol lol

Ya, that weed smoke sux man...Everytime you type www.kawasakiforums.com into the computer and hit enter you get a pic of a hamburger on the screen!!! lol lol lol

Quick Reply: bad monday