Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Bad Luck for riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 04:38 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Bad Luck for riders

Hey all. Just wanted to say there seems to be a bit of bad luck for riders in FL. Almost everyone in my direct group of buddies has either been hit or witnessed someone getting hit on a bike, Myself included. I as everyone of use that i know of(total of 8). Have seemed to be getting creamed while doing nothing wrong, Seems to be alot of sudden lane changes into people for no reason. I was just cruising on a straight road at 70 when BAM!! car had to of changed 3 lanes to side swipe me cause there were no cars on the road. My buddy was behind me and said i slid for about 100 feet or so luckily on my helm. He stopped to help me get up but the driver of the car took off(what a dick). To my surprise this has been hapening all month. So just pay extra attention Guys and girls. Oh yeah if anyone is selling any plastics for a 2000 zx6r let me know.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:20 AM
1st Gear Member

are you in south florida?

cuz i know what you are talking about if so, people in so fla have no respect down there. move to jax

Old 09-26-2008, 10:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Could it be all of those old retired people that live down there, or does everybody suck at driving in general?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
1st Gear Member

wow,, at least your still alive and able to tell us this story,,, what a bunch of dicks.. Note to self never go to flordia

Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad you're alright, it's a shame that people don't respect motorcycles more.

Did you get the driver's plate number and type of car? This is a clear case of hit and run that could have ended alot worse then it did. You have a witness and the car should have physical evidence that it hit you which will be enough for the police to do something. I strongly urge trying to get enough info to the police to have the person tracked down and brought to justice so they do not do this to someone else and also to get their insurance to pay for the damages they caused.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Bummer to hear about that but glad your still here. Guess there's no answer but to move but then again idiot drivers are everywhere.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by OMalley912
Bummer to hear about that but glad your still here. Guess there's no answer but to move but then again idiot drivers are everywhere.

while true, florida being the "great melting pot" that it is, sux because you get all these people that never drove in their life come here and all of the sudden have to learn to drive so they can barely keep the car in the road and really dont care for all the other people around them,

Old 09-27-2008, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

South Florida rider here, I have kicked two cars this year because they were on the phone and slid into my lane and did an emergency stop for a left hand turning cage that froze and stopped in my path when they saw me. I ended up stopping in a vert stoppie about a foot from the cage.....*** end of my ktm swung around and scratched the sheet out of that cage.

So I asked said driver do you wanna call the cops....No Speeke English...I then complained about my scratched foot peg that gouged the car, I ranted a little in Finger Mullet Spanglish , low and behold $300 magically appears and I left.

Originally Posted by Talca
while true, florida being the "great melting pot" that it is, sux because you get all these people that never drove in their life come here and all of the sudden have to learn to drive so they can barely keep the car in the road and really dont care for all the other people around them,
Actually I have found that the "import" citizens respect two-wheel drivers better than most domestics....because they are used to seeing a lot of them in their homeland...most but definately not all.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad you are ok!

Old 09-27-2008, 03:32 PM
1st Gear Member

naw no plate number. My buddy was paying to much attention to the fact that i was wiped out to go after the car. It was a perfect case though. Thank got i only had a jammed wrist and some road rash. Thanks for the good wishes guys.

Quick Reply: Bad Luck for riders