Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Army

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:24 AM
P2Z
Default Army

Well first off im deployed in Iraq in the Army(Infantry). I'm curious of those that have been deployed on your redeployment back state side did you guys start to pack up and stop doing mission's like 2 weeks to a month before you guy redeployed?
The reason I ask is cause we are redeploying here next month I fly out on the 4th but we are still doing mission's up till the 3rd of april. We stay at the FOB( For those that don't know it is a little base out here),for three day's and are at the outpost doing are patrol's and mission's for six day's. On are refit back at the FOB for three day's we have been getting are connex ready and all that junk but still going out to the outpost.Guess i'm mjust venting cause we come to think are BC is just trying to make a name and add to his book. O ya during this deployment are BC spent money out of his pocket to have a writer follow him around so he can write a book. Errrr just so pissed. I mean 3 day's before I was going to go on R&R back last june my humvee got hit with a RPG and went up in flames. Was a kick *** fire fight but that was to close to me going on R&R for some BS like that to happen. Pretty much the whole company is pissed we are doing bs till a day before we start to go home. Thats just to dam close for something to happen a day before one of us are suppose to fly out to go back home.. Well thats pretty much it thank's for listening.. We are tying to look on the plus side so close to going home. Can't wait

Old 03-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Army

that sux bro! i have no military experinence. come home safe man, and thank you for what you do[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-25-2008, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Couldn't tell you bro, The freedom bird is a long ways off for me. I've been here since July, and It'll be about another 7-9 months before I get out of here. I, too, am only out here because my Brigade Commander wants a star. We came out here with no mission, and sat around for a month waiting to find a mission. Unlike you, I'm a fobbit (not by choice). I sit around praying for somebody to get stuck on stupid so I can finally get some action. Glad you're almost home. When I get home, we're gonna have to get together and go riding. And that's an open invitation, to all of you.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:08 PM
1st Gear Member

i know im only about 2 hours north of you vic we are def hitting the twisties

Old 03-25-2008, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Watch your back bro and get to the states safe! A big thanks to you and your guys!
Did you say your a hobbit vic? Always thought you were taller.....
[sm=patriot.gif]

Old 03-26-2008, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

hang in there big guy! 11B Gota love'em.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

No military experience here either, but best of luck to you and come home safe

Old 03-26-2008, 08:40 PM
1st Gear Member

No, OMalley, I'm a Fobbit. That means I don't get to go outside the gate and go looking for a firefight, I have to stay on the FOB.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I was an 11B as well, and we moved to the airfield a few weeks before redeployment, but that was because we had lived on our own outin the city up until that point, and we coulg get our stuff ready much easier without having to pull our own security. We still ran patrols, searches, and convoy security from the airfield until a few days prior to leaving. Hired a writer? LOL, that is a classic. Deep down the majority of them are all the same though, looking for that star. At least it is our own BC, we were attached to another Brigade for our last 10 months in country. We never saw him until my platoon, along with an unnamed task force got Udey and Qusay and he showed up to greet the reporters. I'm sure he got a star out of that one.