Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Anyone here old enough to remember?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Anyone here old enough to remember?

Now save the old jokes and hate mail for a different post, this is one for us older guys that remember a few shows on TV, and I actually got to see one of them through Netflix. I joined Netflix a few weeks ago, and of course the wife put a bunch of powdered wig movies in there and the kid added some stuff, but I finally received one I had put in the queue (did not know that was the correct spelling) Anyway anyone remember a show on TV called The Rat Patrol? The wife and I sat down and watched it, and I have to tell you I don't remember much below the age of 10, but it all came flooding back to me as soon as the show started.

I also ordered a show called Combat, although I wasn't old enough (I know that's hard to believe) to have seen it. But it looks like another good one.

Maybe that's why I like games like these. I remember playing WWII as a kid, it just seemed so cool. Although nothing was cool about the real thing, but thanks for letting me share.

I also have on order from Netflix this great TV show that I do remember watching as a kid. Anyone else remember.....

The cool thing about Netflix now is you can actually watch good quality movies on your PC as part of the plan. I got the 2 movies at a time and 14 hrs of movies on-line. It's all good. Its actually a lot better than some of the garbage they have on TV these days.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Anyone here old enough to remember?

i've watched mission impossible and some old movies like that too and really enjoy them. i'm not old enough to have even been thought of when a lot of those came out tho.

i always enjoyed watching the three stooges, air wolf, and Red Skelton as a kid also

Old 01-11-2008, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll keep my mouth shut this time, deej.

The TV cartoon I used to watch all the time back when I was really little was Mr. Rossi's dreams. Anybody else ever watch it?

Old 01-11-2008, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Nope, did you see that there is going to be a new nightrider?

Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

To that... I only have one thing to say...

Old 01-12-2008, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

What a great show

Old 01-12-2008, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Hell TMNT was the sh*t back in the day. Does anyone remember land of the lost

Old 01-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Air Wolf was awesome..... and Remo Williams.......Cadence......The original BAtman with Adam West.....

But what happened to old fashioned cartoons. Smurfs, Vultron, Heman, Snagglepuss, Wally Gator? That's the good stuff.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Hrm - old school cartoons... I can't seem to find anyone who knows about what I used to watch waaaay back in the day...

STAR BLAZERS! Best anime ever! Resurrecting the Japanese battleship Yamato (which ironically enough - my dad's aircraft carrier was present at & responsible for the sinking of in WW2 (no, my dad was not in WW2 :P)), refitted for space travel, and sent to some distant world to find the cure for earth.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:52 AM
1st Gear Member

wow, that's old. yeah i remember all the sweet early morning cartoons. i can't watch the crap they have on now, even with my 5yr old nefew, that wiggles n maggie n the ferocious beast n doodlebobs slay me!! man that's bad tv.

i've never even heard of Mr Rossi tho. Adam West is the sheeit!!! i still love that guy especially on family guy.

btw Johnny Carson pawns all!!! but ed mcmahon is a d bag

Quick Reply: Anyone here old enough to remember?