Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Another Venting Post

Old 01-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Another Venting Post

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

i deliver pizzas and i hate everyone on the road. and everyone. There is a special place in hell for someone that doesn't tip their pizza driver and server at a restaurant. Oh and good luck Leena, oh and by the way nice pics heh
Unless its a restaurant that I have been to and have gotten bad service twice by the same person I always tip good, in fact everyone tells me that I tip too good. But if you get bad service at a restaurant just remember that people in the service industry have bad days too, I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Is a $5.00 tiptoo much for a $10.00 lunch?[8D]

Sorry I just had to correct all the spelling in the post, mine and yours. I know its a sick thing, but I just can't help it. Dang it OCD rears its ugly head again.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

omg - lets just hang this MotherF%$ker and be done with it!
What the hell are you talking about?!
Did you read the original post or just jumped in the middle lol

quote Leena;
I appreciate all the efforts my friends put into putting me on bikes, and their willingness to look over what I peruse purchasing, but I have one friend in particular who keeps sending me links... to cruisers. I can't keep telling him enough that I want a sportbike, a Kawi 250 in particular, and he never listens. I constantly log onto YIM to find messages full of links to bikes that just don't interest me. I hate to sound like an ingrate, but he's such a bike snob--sending me links to the kind of bikes he likes, the kind of bikes I quite simply can't afford that I don't even want to talk to him anymore. What the hell is wrong with wanting the ideal starter bike, for wanting the bike that feels right for me? So, I want a small sportsbike, and no offense to any women here who may have cruisers, but it's just so unaesthetic to me. I've already gone around town, sitting on various bikes at stealerships, and I happen to know what I want. I don't want to get it from a stealership, and that entails a little more research and whatnot, but that's something I'm willing to wait/travel for. I've tried telling him to stop sending me links of things I'm absolutely not interested in over and over again and ARGH I'm just annoyed.[:@]

Thanks for letting me rant. <feels a little better now>

ah... makes sense now... i thaugh you were responding to firstninjabike's or my post... its all good...

Old 01-09-2007, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Unless its a restaurant that I have been to and have gotten bad service twice by the same person I always tip good, in fact everyone tells me that I tip too good. But if you get bad service at a restaurant just remember that people in the service industry have bad days too, I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Is a $5.00 tiptoo much for a $10.00 lunch?[8D]

Sorry I just had to correct all the spelling in the post, mine and yours. I know its a sick thing, but I just can't help it. Dang it OCD rears its ugly head again.
HAHA OCD i constanly check to see if my wallet is in my back pocket. and a 5 dollar tip on a 10 dollar lunch = i love you. LOL. I tip a min, of 5 dollars only cuz i work in the service industry. if i deliver a pizza to a customer and the pizza is only $10.69 and they give me 14 bucks im happy. Most drivers are happy with 3 dollars unless the price is over 30 bucks. Anything over $30 most drivers are happy with 10%.anything under 30 dollars tip 15-20%. Ill be happy with that

Old 01-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

[/quote]

ah... makes sense now... i thaugh you were responding to firstninjabike's or my post... its all good...
[/quote]
Ha - did you think I was "Iowaguy"

Old 01-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ROFLMAO.... lol... that was good.....

Old 01-10-2007, 02:06 AM
1st Gear Member

omg - lets just hang this MotherF%$ker and be done with it!
My firstthought was he was talking about So-dam Insane ... I mean Saddam Hussein. But then I thought: "Hey, he's already got the Saddam photo for his avatar, so WTF?". Finally I thought: "Well, this is the Off-Topic section.".

Then a read some more replies, and figured "Man, sometimes I don't have a clue."

So, what were we talking about?

Old 01-10-2007, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I usually tip a minimum of $1 per person in the group until 15% exceeds that amount, but yes, I have left a $5 tip on a $10 lunch, and was suprised whenI didn't get good service next time.

Strip clubs are cool and all, but as I hear it, a terrible place to work. Some places try to make it better for their employees, but others just try to exploit them as much as possible, which is what this one seems to be doing. I think you are doing the right thing staying away.

and your freind who keeps sending you links, block hime for a few days till he understands how big of an *** he is.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

i deliver pizzas and i hate everyone on the road. and everyone. There is a speical place in hell for someon that doesn ttip their pizza driver and server at a resturant. Oh and good luck leena, oh and by the way nice pics heh
Thank you, and I understand the hating everyone on the road... I always tip at least $5 to my pizza delivery person, no matter how small the order, and if it's over $30, I'll tip more. I've worked fast food before so I feel you. And um... thanks... <blush>

Old 01-10-2007, 08:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Prom

I usually tip a minimum of $1 per person in the group until 15% exceeds that amount, but yes, I have left a $5 tip on a $10 lunch, and was suprised whenI didn't get good service next time.

Strip clubs are cool and all, but as I hear it, a terrible place to work. Some places try to make it better for their employees, but others just try to exploit them as much as possible, which is what this one seems to be doing. I think you are doing the right thing staying away.

and your freind who keeps sending you links, block hime for a few days till he understands how big of an *** he is.
Heh, yeah, running away from BabyDolls. They are definitely one of the exploitation type places, and half the staff is obviously coked out of their minds. My friend has lightened up since, (albiet I still get flak from others about wanting the particular bike I want, but they aren't sending me crap 24/7) and hopefully I'll be snagging my bike sometime in the next week! YAY!! In regards to the service industry... sucks *****. Firstninja... you put up with a lot of crap, and I just want you to know there are a few of us out there who appreciate what you do.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

every time he sends you 1 pic of a cruiser, send him 10 of sportbikes. He will take the hint when you bust his mail quota.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Venting Post