Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

All Hail broke loose

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default All Hail broke loose

Ok I just had my first experience with riding in hail today. I left work, and I could have safely rode the 2 miles home, but since the roads were dry I decided to take the 5 mile loop long way around. Well coming back into town with all the clouds looking like something that should be over the Adam's Family house or the Munsters, I can never remember which one it was, maybe some old guy on here can help a brother out, anyway, I got 2 miles from the house and it started hailing really hard I had to slow down to 10 because the hail was hitting me so hard, and with an MX helmet there are open areas that don't get covered. Man I was soaked when I pulled into the garage, and my wife and son were laughing at me, I said thanks for the support[8D] Oh well. Man it was brutal. Also with off road type tires on the bike the road gets greasy real fast. Its funny the faster you ride to get home sooner the worse it hurts, and the slower you go the wetter you get. I'll take wet over pain everyday.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: All Hail broke loose

Just imagine if you had a fast bike, that hail would really hurt. Personally I have never had the pleasure of riding through hail, but I have rode through really heavy rain and that isn't fun at all.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:56 AM
1st Gear Member

riding in the rain sucks. sorry to hear about your hail expereince i delievered pizzas in hail before and hell it wasnt fun getting out of the car and knocking on the customers door that had no awning over thier door

Old 04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I remeber that happening to me when I was riding my Dads Hog back from the mountains. That really sucks and hurts like a B!@#$

Old 04-11-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I could come over there and run hail suppression over your house, if only I got the internship [:'(]

^^^not bitter at all

Old 04-11-2007, 01:19 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

its ok let it all out prom. Im still bitter from being rejected my self.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:55 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Merdox

Just imagine if you had a fast bike, that hail would really hurt. Personally I have never had the pleasure of riding through hail, but I have rode through really heavy rain and that isn't fun at all.
Crap, anything over 10mph hurts in the hail. Plus it can mess the mechanical stuff up pretty good.
I would have found the nearest overpass or the biggest Douglas Fir to hide under and waited it out.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Crap, anything over 10mph hurts in the hail. Plus it can mess the mechanical stuff up pretty good.
I would have found the nearest overpass or the biggest Douglas Fir to hide under and waited it out.
Yea, I know that. The hail can hurt pretty good just running from the car to the house. I like to give deej a hard time because he is always trying to sell everyone on his style of bike. Its all in fun and I didn't mean anything by it.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:44 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hmm, and deejs' body could not take the abuse then. I see. lol

No worries merdox

Isn't that called fair weather riding?

Old 04-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well I do have a lot of padding, and I was wearing my bike jacket with all the armor, but I guess I'm going to have to break out the new Scorpion helmet and see what all the fuss is about.[8D]

Quick Reply: All Hail broke loose