Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

3 year anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default 3 year anniversary

Last month marks 3 years since ordering my bike, and finding this forum, and asking Patrick to add a KLX section here. November 26 will be the 3 year mark when I drove to the shop to pick up my new bike, I was so excited that I showed up too early and they were still putting it together for me. 3 years already. It seem like just yesterday that I saw the bike on a website, how does time pass so fast?

Now with 10,300 miles on it I can look back at so many memories. My first Poker Run with Tony and Scat, riding up at Reiter pit, exploring my own back yard and rediscovering all of the places that I went to as a kid. Re-living that feeling of freedom everytime I hit the pavement, a trail or some gravel road, not knowing where it would take me is almost indescribable. Seeing the faces of people as I rode through town on a bike that looks like it belongs only off road, well that is priceless in itself. Its been an incredible ride....literally and metaphorically speaking.

From the places I went, to the people I met, including all of you here, it has been no less that spectacular. I take a certain ownership here on the forums, but not in the "look at me" or "listen to me" kind of way, I truly feel responsible and appreciative for having even found this great place. I feel like something great has been established and that anything is possible here. Great people, wonderful, insightful information, and a place to just generally drop in and shoot the breeze.

So on my 3rd year anniversary I want to thank you all for being here, and sharing everything......sometimes too much information but still great stuff for sure. Here is to another 3 years of Kawasaki forum fun, and remember, its not the destination that we look forward to the most, its the journey that takes us there. Be safe all and I'll see you in the funny papers.

deej

Old 11-15-2008, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Go deej!!! Without deej, i may have never been able to ask a million questions about my KLX250S

Old 11-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats deric, I feel the same way towards our fellow riders and of this forum.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Here is to another 3 years of Kawasaki forum fun

you do realize that you just jinxed it and its gonna crash tomorrow.. right?

JK! all true.. and i don think any of us plan on leaving any time soon

Old 11-16-2008, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

There alot of good info here no matter how complex or stupid the question is. Everyone has been helpful. Glad to be a part of it...and the comedy, oh the comedy never stops!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:02 AM
1st Gear Member

amen..

good stuff.. and 100% true. even if you are on the dark side, sir.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah Deej, I love this place too and appreciate the friendship that lives in this website. When most people join KF, it's about riding, but then you realize that there is so much more going on here.
I would kick anybodys *** that messed with my KF friends no matter how big they are!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm glad you're on my side.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
Yeah Deej, I love this place too and appreciate the friendship that lives in this website. When most people join KF, it's about riding, but then you realize that there is so much more going on here.
I would kick anybodys *** that messed with my KF friends no matter how big they are!

oh yeah? well i'll kick your *** for trying to kick my *** for messing with you because your threatening to kick our asses.

so there

Old 11-17-2008, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whitehendrix
amen..

good stuff.. and 100% true. even if you are on the dark side, sir.

By the dark side you must be referring to the dark side or riding in the dirt. Don't fight it man come to the "dark side"

Name:  100_6417-1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  90.2 KB

Quick Reply: 3 year anniversary