Where to get a helmet holder on my bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Where to get a helmet holder on my bike?

Hey im getting kinda tired of carrying my helmet everywhere. Between grocery store, classes, gym, anywhere.

I need to get an attatchment for the helmet. Also are they safe. I mean can a thug just steal my helmet, or does it attatch really good.

Please give me a link to a site or two for some good attatchment for the helmet.

Thanx, yall are always helpfull!

Old 10-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Default RE: Where to get a helmet holder on my bike?

I use a gun lock. The kind on a plastic coated wire with a lock. It just locks under the rear seat or cowl. I know the cowl has a place for it to come out of. If you dont know what im talking about PM me and I will send you a pic.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

hey gotrice, congrats on BOTM bro....

Old 10-02-2005, 06:36 AM

The facts about thugs, if they want it bad enough they will take it. You need to consider what type of damage control you are willing to take. What I mean is, any "D" ring helmet locking device is only going to keep the honest person honest. A thug will cut the strap without hesitation. The good news is there is no damage to the bike, bad news is the helmet is useless. Another method of helmet security I've seen is where someone took a Kryptonite (or any other) style cable lock and ran it through the helmet face and through the frame of the bike. Some moron thought they could cut through the cable and damaged the bike and the helmet.

If I ride, I carry my helmet with me everywhere I go. Another option would be to buy a less expensive helmet you wouldn't freak out about if it were stolen. But like the old saying goes, how much is your head worth? It's almost a no win situation when it comes to thieves unless you catch them in the act and happen to have a gun.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya i guess your right, but like when i park my bike for class, i would like to lock it up to the bike. i dont think bike get messed with at school, knock on wood.

Hey gotrice send me a pic of that gunlocl hooked up to bike, thanx

Old 10-05-2005, 02:40 AM

you dont have helmet hooks? i dont know about the newer bikes but my 01 zx6 has helmet hooks under the rear seat i believe you have them as well pop your seat and look if there are little metal L shaped shafts on either side you can pop your seat off and slip the ring of ur helmet strap onto those hooks then snap ur seat back on and ur good.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member

This might be of some use...

AGV Sport backpack

Once you get to the main site click on backpacks.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:07 PM

yes the 05 636 has the helmet locks built in under the back seat..... whats wrong with those????

Old 10-05-2005, 06:22 PM

I use the hooks under the back seat....

Old 10-05-2005, 09:18 PM

I also use the underseat hooks, if I am going to be leaving my bike for a lil while and it is inconvenient for me to take my helmet. I ride with my HJC helmet, it cost me about 85 bucks. If someone steals it, I'll be a lil sore but not near as sore as if one of my good helmets was taken...

Quick Reply: Where to get a helmet holder on my bike?